Hospice care is a family-centered approach that includes, at a minimum, a team of doctors, nurses, hospice aides, social workers, spiritual counselors, and trained volunteers. They work together focusing on the patient’s needs: physical, psychological and spiritual. The goal is to help keep the patient as pain-free as possible, with loved ones nearby throughout the course of care.
Volunteers are an integral part of our hospice team, filling roles that range from direct patient care to organizational volunteers. At Generations, we welcome you to become a volunteer and experience the personal reward in supporting our patients and their families.
There are three types of volunteers:
Patient Care Volunteers:
Volunteers are a part of a patient's care team assisting in home visits to offer companionship to patients and relief to caregivers. Examples of patient care volunteers include:
* Offering Companionship and Support to our Families
* Reading to a patient
* Assisting with a hobby
* Providing empathetic listening
* Running errands
* Grocery shopping.
Volunteers do not work directly with patients and families. Examples of organizational volunteer opportunities include:
* Helping patient and families with indirect support (locating resources, assisting with follow up calls, mailing cards, creating special memories for holidays and so much more)
Specialized Services Volunteers:
Generations Hospice of Austin patients and families also appreciate services and support from Licensed Beauticians, Massage Therapist, Music Therapist, and/or Pet Therapists. Special Services Volunteers hold a specialized license or certification and follow established rules set out by the state in which they are employed.
If you are a licensed professional and have a specialized skill/talent (cosmetologist, massage therapist, etc.) and would like to volunteer your time, please reach out to us by phone additional information.
Although, hospice volunteers are not compensated we provide extensive and on going training to ensure our volunteers are fully supported in whatever role they choose. The key to our success rests in people like you who embody the spirit of greatness by saying "Yes I can, and you can, too!".
* Understanding and supportive of hospice philosophy
* Compassionate person who is accepting and respectful of people's differences
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order, if making patient visits
* Must be able to pass background check requirements
* The ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
* All volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated or in the process of being vaccinated per agency guidelines.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Generations Hospice of Austin
7703 N. Lamar Blvd, Suite 160, Austin, TX 78752, US
Generations Hospice Care's mission is to participate as an active part of the community in providing and continuously improving the health care needs of patients by delivering value driven, high quality and compassionate care.
At Generations Hospice Care we provide a multi-disciplinary approach to pain management along with emotional and spiritual support. We customize our care to meet the needs and wishes of the patient and their loved ones.
7703 N. Lamar BlvdSuite 160Austin, TX 78752
October 6, 2021
- Office Reception
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Reading / Writing
- Hospice Care
- Spiritual Healing
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Become a volunteer on your own time, in your own way. When giving the gift of your time, we at Generations give you a chance to make a real difference in someone's life. We