Disaster Caseworker Wilkes County
Support Disaster Casework in the current hurricane and wildfire season!
In the period following a life-changing disaster, individuals, households, and communities can
depend on Red Cross Disaster Caseworkers to guide them quickly through their recovery
planning and refer them to the community organizations that can help meet their needs.
Disaster Caseworker Volunteers:
- Provide excellent compassionate customer service while observing all safety protocols in a
- Interview clients to assess their situation and determine their needs
- Provide financial assistance to qualified clients
- Conduct follow-up and recovery planning services
- Provide internal and community referrals to meet client needs
- Assist with problem-solving and advocacy
- Services may be provided in person or virtually
- Complete the required virtual self-paced training (9 hours of training total)
- Volunteers are needed to support locally year-round and/or to deploy to assist in-person at
shelters during the current hurricane and wildfire season.
- Local (Virtual, Year-round): At least 4 hours/week
- Beyond Regional Response/Deployment: Deployment means traveling (Red Cross arranges
travel and pays expenses) to a disaster area for a minimum of 14 days working between
12-14 hour shifts.
Skills and Qualities
- Willing and able to volunteer in person before, during and/or after a disaster event
- Ability to work in a continuously changing environment where work priorities frequently change
- Comfortable interacting with people from diverse backgrounds whose lives have been disrupted
- Kindness, compassion, and resourcefulness
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Willing to complete all required training (9 hours, self-paced online training)
Interested in volunteering? Learn more and apply online at:
About American Red Cross
690 Coliseum Dr NW, Winston-Salem, NC 27106, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Volunteers carry out 90% of the humanitarian work of the American Red Cross to support its mission to prevent and alleviate human suffering. There are many ways you can volunteer in your local community, and we are always looking for people with various backgrounds, talents and skill levels . We have diverse volunteer opportunities in Blood Services, Disaster Services, Service to the Armed Forces, Communications, and Volunteer Services.
The Community of Wilkes CountyNorth WilkesboroNorth Wilkesboro, NC 28659
September 27, 2021
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Administrative Support
- Disaster Response
- Case Work / Management
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training