Board Member: Connecting the arts, through advocacy and aspiration with youth!
Fountain City Performing Arts is the managing organization to SingOUTKC: Youth Chorus, PerformOUTKC: Youth Arts and OUTLoudKC: Youth Drum Ensemble for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Queer and youth allies in the Greater Kansas City community offering a safe space for teens to grow and share their views on societal issues through the arts.
Board members attends regularly schedule board meetings and any important related meetings. Makes serious commitment to participate actively on at least one committee. Members volunteer for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time. Board members and officers are responsible for staying informed about organizational business and committee matters. And members must participate in fundraising events for the organization.
- Enhance the organization’s public image
- Influence others to support the organization
- Understand and be committed to the mission, values and goals of the organization
- Ensure accountability to constituencies in an ethical and business-like manner
- Serve as a resource in particular area of expertise
- Financial Stewardship
- Support the organization with a financial contribution consistent with individual means
- Support fundraising efforts and activities by personally soliciting gifts, identifying and making connections with potential donors and/or providing leadership in fundraising initiatives.
- Community Engagement
- Actively support the organization in the community
- Link organization with relevant community resources
- Experience in the use of standard accounting practices and systems
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
TARGETED SKILLSETS, FUNCTIONS & INTERESTS
- Arts Education / Education Administration
- Community Entertainment
- Development / Fundraising / Events
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Marketing/Social Media
- Terms for board members (non-officer) is 2 years (3 consecutive terms)
- The board meets monthly on the fourth Thursday
Please visit our website to view FCPA’s COVID-19 guidelines at https://www.fcpakc.org/covid19
HOW TO APPLY
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Board Position" in the subject line.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About FOUNTAIN CITY PERFORMING ARTS
PO BOX 30032, KANSAS CITY, MO 64112, US
FCPA fosters an environment to empower youth through original art; to unite, educate and enlighten the change in hearts and minds!
FCPA is the managing organization to SingOUTKC Youth Chorus, PerformOUTKC Youth Arts and OUTLoudKC Youth Drum Ensemble for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, at-risk and straight ally teens, ages, 13-18 in the Greater Kansas City community offering a safe space for teens to grow and share their views on societal issues through the arts.
PO Box 30032Kansas City, MO 64112
September 27, 2021
- Teaching / Instruction
- Youth Services
- Music Arts
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training