1 person is interested
Provide hope as a Disaster Casework Volunteer! - Ontario
1 person is interested
Do you enjoy helping people get back on their feet? As a Disaster Casework volunteer, you will connect directly with people affected by disasters big and small to help take the next steps in their recovery journey. Red Cross volunteers support the recovery process of disaster-affected individuals, households, and communities by providing advocacy, referrals and financial assistance using our RC Care case management system.
- Be able to serve the client with care, comfort, and concern.
- Be willing to complete the required virtual self-paced training (9 hours).
- Conduct Intake by interviewing the client and opening a case in RC Care.
- Provide financial assistance to qualified clients, provide internal referrals and/or community referrals, conduct follow-up and recovery planning services.
- Availability to travel to surrounding states (minimum of 14 days working 8- or 12-hour shifts on consecutive days). Travel and lodging expenses are covered. *virtual options might be available on a case-by-case basis.
- Watch: Red Vest in action at https://youtu.be/VqwIwSV_URg
It’s through the efforts of volunteers that we do extraordinary things! Start now to inspire hope and spread kindness through action! Complete your application now at www.redcross.org/volunteertoday -or- click on the I want to Help button to request more information.
Safety First! Our need for volunteers is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC and local-government COVID-19 safety recommendations.
About American Red Cross Idaho and Montana
5380 W Franklin Rd, Boise, ID 83705, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
Multiple locations Ontario, OR 97914
September 24, 2021
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Customer Service
- Case Work / Management
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers will be deployed to disaster affected areas across the region or United States depending on the need. Complete 9 hours of training and be able to serve for 14 consecutive days.