In-Kind Donation Lead
We are looking for several In-Kind Donation Leads to manage our In-Kind Donation Center for 1 day. Invite your friends to help sort, hang and serve with you!! In-Kind Donation Leads would receive in-kind donations from the community, select only those items that meet our standards, organize and hang items, restock Birthline Boutique as needed, and manage and supervise other volunteer Clothing Sorters.
- Help staff and supervise Clothing Sorter Volunteers
- Interact with donating community by receiving acceptable in-kind donations with gratitude
- Logging in-kind donations and distributing tax receipts as needed
- Read clothing labels to determine the size of clothes
- Quality control in-kind donations for stains, holes, inappropriate content, odor, worn, etc.
- Attention to detail
- Hang clothing according to gender and size
- Inventory as needed
- Transport sorted items to Birthline Boutique as needed
- Follow COVID policies and procedures
- Manage, coordinate, and train other volunteers
- Ability to read and write at a 12th-grade level
Physical Demands and Volunteer Environment
Be able to lift, carry and walk with up to 15 pounds. Volunteer position requires sitting, standing, bending, lifting, and walking. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Report to: CMA Supervisor
Hours: 4 hour shift between 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
If Interested : Please call (858) 270-2491 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org , and indicate your name, phone number, email, and Volunteer Position Title you are interested in. We will send you a Volunteer Application to fill out and return to us.
About Birthline of San Diego County, Inc.
3660 CLAIREMONT DR Suite 4, SAN DIEGO, CA 92117, US
Birthline's mission supports pregnant women and families with young children by providing hope, resources and material assistance to families during challenging times.
Birthline program provides client advocacy, material assistance and referrals to other community resources for any pregnant woman, as well as women and single fathers with small children. Birthline recognizes that choices made regarding an unplanned pregnancy can have a life long effect on all of those involved. As a result, our client advocates offer practical assistance and referrals to support them in their decisions. Birthline offers choices that will benefit not only the parents, but the child as well. We offer choices that help them choose life.
3660 Clairemont Drive Suite 4San Diego, CA 92117
September 24, 2021
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Hours: 4-hour shift between 9:00 am - 4:00 pm Days: Flexible 6 months commitment