Volunteering Untapped Chicago is looking for a Communications Coordinator. This committee member will be working closely with our Director of Operations (Courtney Johnson). The estimated time commitment is approximately 3-5 hours/week, however the bulk of work occurs 2 weeks prior to our events and the week of our events.
If you would like to be considered, please complete the below form no later than 11:59pm CST on Tuesday, October 12th. You can reach out to Courtney at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Writing at minimum 3 emails prior to our event (Launch email 2 weeks prior, Monday prior to event, Friday prior to event)
- Launching the Eventbrite and maintaining it
- Launching the Facebook Event
- Follow up emails via MailChimp
- Writing and assisting board members with any vital VU Chicago emails as needed
- Communicate via Slack with all VU Chicago board and committee members, as an open forum and method of organization
- Participate in quarterly Leadership team meetings. This is typically a 1 hour commitment 4 times a year outside of normal business hours (~6pm start time)
- Arrive at monthly events early and stay late to assist with set up and clean up of events
- Attend a minimum of 10 monthly events a year
Qualities of an Ideal Candidate:
- Fun, witty writing style
- Excellent communicator
- Creative thinker
- Has a passion for volunteering!
About Volunteering Untapped Chicago
2707 N Mildred Ave., Chicago, IL 60614, US
Improving Chicago through increasing volunteerism.
Chicago possesses compassionate individuals who care about their communities and want to make a change. Up until now though, those individuals and their individual talents have been underutilized.
That’s where we come in. We strive to "untap" resources and opportunities in Chicago for those we serve. There’s a huge group of talented young professionals in the city who want to volunteer. We connect those volunteers with a wide array of nonprofits in the Chicagoland area, whether directly through our events, or through connections we help cultivate outside the structure of our program.
Community is central to our organization. After volunteering on the second Saturday morning of every month, we reward the hard work of our volunteers by tapping beers at the bar, tapping into new connections with other young people, and tapping into new opportunities and relationships through giving back and inspiring change in our communities.
Different location each month!Chicago, IL 60606
September 24, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Community Outreach
- Basic Computer Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Time commitment: ~2-4 hours/week, including biweekly board meetings Term length: 2 years, with opportunity to extend