2 people are interested
Help provide comfort for hospital patients heading home
2 people are interested
The Tacoma General Hospital Discharge Lounge is a designated area set aside for patients who are waiting to go home. We are seeking volunteers to help provide a safe and comfortable environment for patients transitioning to leave the hospital.
The Discharge Lounge volunteer will socialize with the patient, offer light drinks/snacks, coordinate a request for their medical records (if necessary), and help prepare them to leave the hospital. They may escort a patient to the dedicated pick up zone (Main Lobby) upon the arrival of their transportation home or call for a transporter to assist. When a patient has left the Discharge Lounge, the volunteer will wipe surfaces to ensure the area is prepared for a new patient. The volunteer will be provided appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
Morning shift 9am-1pm
Afternoon shift 1-5pm
Tacoma General Hospital
What is needed:
- Commit to a regular, weekly schedule for a 4-hour shift.
- Understand and comply with confidentiality requirements.
- Have a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Be able to critically think and possess the ability to know when to seek for help.
- Documentation of COVID-19 vaccine.
About MultiCare Health System
1901 S Union Ave, Tacoma, WA 98405, US
Partnering for Healing and a Healthy Future
MultiCare Health System is a not-for-profit health care organization with more than 18,000 team members, including employees, providers and volunteers.
We've been caring for our community for well over a century, since the founding of Tacoma's first hospital. And today, we are the largest community-based, locally governed health system in the state of Washington.
Our comprehensive system of health includes numerous primary care, urgent care and specialty services - including Immediate Clinic, MultiCare Indigo Urgent Care, Pulse Heart Institute and MultiCare Rockwood Clinic, the largest multispecialty clinic in the Inland Northwest region.
Our network of care includes seven hospitals:
- Allenmore Hospital, Tacoma
- Auburn Medical Center, Auburn
- Deaconess Hospital, Spokane
- Good Samaritan Hospital, Puyallup
- Mary Bridge Children's Hospital, Tacoma - the region's only children's hospital and state-designated Level II Pediatric Trauma Center for Western Washington
- Tacoma Genera Hospital, Tacoma, which is home to the Puget Sound Region's only Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Valley Hospital, Spokane Valley
MultiCare Medical Associates, affiliated physicians and a wide range of community outreach programs across the state completed our organization.
315 Martin Luther King Jr WayTacoma, WA 98405
September 24, 2021
- Physician Assistant
- Patient Care
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Must commit to 100 hours of service and 4-hour shift 1 day per week.
- Must provide documentation of COVID-19 vaccine.