Personal Finance Workshop Facilitator
Purpose & Objective
The main purpose of the Personal Finance Workshop is to introduce an array of concepts to YES clients that are fundamental to learn early on as they seek to improve their employability and quality of life.
The main objective for the Personal Finance Workshop Facilitator volunteer is to facilitate an engaging workshop for our clients to help expedite their pathways to success.
The Facilitator would help to introduce essential skills and information such as how to properly budget, how to identify fixed versus variable expenses, how to understand your credit score, etc. Facilitators actively engage with our clients in this position. They also aid in guiding them throughout the workshop, answering any questions or concerns.
Currently, these workshops are being held virtually, unless otherwise noted. These workshops are 1.5 hours in length, held every other Tuesday from 4:00pm-5:30pm.
- Comprehensive training.
- Personal Finance Skills Leader’s Guide with a one-on-one review.
- "Train the Trainer" co-facilitating with a current Workshop Facilitator until ready to facilitate alone.
- Must enjoy working with youth and young adults.
- Strong preference for individuals with a professional background in finance.
- Must have experience in a leadership role and love to teach engaging workshops.
- Must observe one Employment Skills workshop and complete the "Train the Trainer" program to learn the curriculum before being scheduled to volunteer.
- Must notify YES Staff at least 48 hours prior to appointment if you need to cancel.
- Dress in business casual attire when facilitating workshops (no jeans or t-shirts).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
About Youth Employment Service
3720 South Susan Street, Suite 110, Suite 110, COSTA MESA, CA 92627, US
To teach youth and young adults ages 16-24 the skills needed to secure and maintain meaningful employment, and to offer programs that help young people improve their employability, career choices, and quality of life.
At YES, our team of dedicated and passionate volunteers help carry out our mission to empower, build confidence, and prepare our youth and young adults towards independence. They are truly the heart of our organization and make a huge impact in the lives of those we serve.
If you have experience with interviewing, building resumes, or are interested in mentoring and facilitating workshops, please reach out to us. We look forward to welcoming you to our YES family very soon!
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 24, 2021
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Financial Literacy
- Program Management
- Professional Development
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- No set time commitment is required.
- Professional background in finance.