Aging Services AmeriCorps VISTA Project
Be part of a nine-person team that will help to enrich the lives of older Texans and their caregivers. These AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) positions at the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC), a large state agency with headquarters in Austin, will provide VISTA members with opportunities to gain professional experience.
VISTA members in the Aging Services AmeriCorps VISTA project will be a part of a team of innovative professionals who work to enhance aging services and programs throughout HHSC. The selected members will work in offices across HHSC on projects that strengthen cross-coordination among offices serving older adults, improve understanding of aging related issues and needs, and increase capacity to provide services for older adults in Texas. The selected members will gain experience in aging services, public health, partnership building, community engagement and will have the opportunity to gain professional experience while working in a state government setting.
We are seeking applicants for the following positions:
- Medicaid CHIP Services VISTA Member
- Behavioral Health Services Special Projects Unit VISTA Member
- Behavioral Health Services Adult Mental Health VISTA Member
- Family Violence Program VISTA Member
- Aging Services Coordination VISTA Leader (Note: This position requires one year of pervious AmeriCorps VISTA or national service experience.)
- Aging Services Coordination VISTA Member
- Disability Services Coordination VISTA Member
- Office of Aging and Disability Resource Center VISTA Member
- Long-term Care Regulatory VISTA Member
AmeriCorps VISTA is a unique program. AmeriCorps VISTA members have a chance to live and serve in the community and focus area of their choice. For a one-year commitment, VISTA members receive a modest living allowance, a $6,095 education award (to put towards education expenses like student loans), health and childcare coverage, and many more benefits. For general information about AmeriCorps VISTA, visit https://americorps.gov/serve/fit-finder/americorps-vista. Reach out to find out more about each posting.
08:00 AM to 05:00 PM
These are AmeriCorps VISTA positions. VISTA members serve for a year, serve 35-40 hours a week and receive a stipend from AmeriCorps
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Texas Health and Human Services Commission Aging Services Coordination
701 West 51st Street, Austin, TX 78751, US
Texas Health and Human Services Mission: Improving the health, safety and well-being of Texans with good stewardship of public resources. Vision: Making a positive difference in the lives of the people we serve.
The Aging Services Coordination (ASC) office coordinates and promotes the states aging services and programs to ensure older Texans and communities are provided with information and resources to help them prepare for aging issues. ASC also administers programs and special projects designed to grow local capacity and enhance the quality of life for older Texans.
Support older Texans to age and live well by:
- connecting and coordinating aging services and programs;
- building partnerships to enhance and expand existing resources;
- raising awareness of aging issues and available resources; and
- creating innovative programs to meet needs.
701 West 51st StreetAustin, TX 78751
September 24, 2021
- Elder care
- Grant Writing / Research
- Community Outreach
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 40 hours a week.
- Applicants must apply through the AmeriCorps system: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/login.do.