VIN’s Teaching English in a Buddhist Monastery/Nunnery project offers volunteers a unique opportunity for insight into Buddhist culture and practice. The project aims to be an exchange between devoted practitioners of Buddhism and those from different cultures who can share language and other skills. You will have one thing in common; a desire to learn.
Nepal is home to both Nepali and Tibetan monks. Thousands of Tibetan monks have lived in exile in Nepal since Tibet was invaded by the Chinese in 1959. While the Tibetans are now free to practice their religion and express their culture and heritage, they remain an underprivileged and marginalised group of society.
Read More on: https://www.volunteersinitiativenepal.org/teaching-program/english-at-buddhist-monastery-nunnery/
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 30 hours/ Week on Average
- Adventure and Volunteer Program
- Journalism Program
- Children’s Life Skills...
- Working for Street Children
- Yoga Volunteer
- Teaching the Deaf
- Youth Empowerment Program
- Teach Arts and Crafts
- Climate Change Research
- Health, Sanitation & Hygiene...
- Water Research
- Teacher Development
- Youth Club and Life Skills
- Teach English in Buddhist...
- Microcredit Cooperative Support
- Public Interest Program
- Education, Rights and Life Skills
- English and Career Development
- Income Generation & Marketing