Rabbits at the Oceanside and Carlsbad shelters are sent out to a local vet clinic for their spay/neuter surgery. We need volunteers who can transport the bunnies between the shelter in vet clinics in Oceanside and San Marcos.
When a vet appointment is made, our transport coordinator sends out an email to all volunteers. We can usually give a week's notice, but sometimes it's a bit shorter. You can accept a transport if it fits into your schedule -- there's no minimum requirement. Transports generally take place Monday - Friday.
The transports involve going to the shelter by 9 am to pick up the rabbit, and then transporting it to the vet clinic. A return trip is needed by 5pm that same day. Usually one volunteer will do the drop-off and another does the pickup but you can take on both legs (morning and afternoon) if you'd like. You will NOT be required to handle the rabbits; they will be in a carrier the entire time.
Please let us know if you can help; this is a very important part of what we do for the rabbits, and an area of great need.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Special Events Team
- Special Events Committee
- Adoption Center/Rabbit Care Teams
- Be a Hay Elf (Kearny Mesa in San...
- Bunny Store Team-Cashier
- Educational Events (San Diego...
- Drivers Needed for Rabbit Vet...
- Be a Hay Elf (North County - San...
- Bunny Store Team - Store Clerk
- Delivery of Supplies - HRS Bunny...
- Education/Community Outreach Team
- Bunny Store Team - Groomer
- Foster a Rescued Rabbit (San...
- Provide a Sanctuary Home for a...