Partner Acquisition Specialist (Remote Volunteer Opportunity)
At Helping Hands Community (HHC), we're building technology to empower the organizations that serve our communities. Our technology platform empowers community partners-including food banks and pantries, service providers, and healthcare organizations-to deliver groceries and other essential supplies at scale through volunteers and our network of delivery partners.
We're a nonprofit organization, founded by veterans of Uber, Facebook, and Google during the COVID-19 pandemic. After one year of operations, we're proud to report that the Helping Hands platform has partnered with 20+ organizations to deliver food to nearly 70,000 U.S. households.
To grow and extend our impact far beyond the pandemic, we received a $250,000 seed investment from Pivotal Ventures, an innovation and incubation company created by Melinda Gates to advance social progress. Join us to help provide universal access to food through better technology.About the Role:
Our Partner Acquisition team builds partnerships in key markets across the United States. We are looking for a strong sales professional to drive new HHC partnerships with organizations that can serve their vulnerable constituents. On a day to day basis, you will research and build new relationships with local organizations like food banks, healthcare services, and other community groups. This role is absolutely critical to scaling our platform and reaching a larger population of those most in need of home delivery services.What You’ll Do:
- Prospect target partner organizations through email, phone, and LinkedIn
- Engage with key decision makers, build relationships, and close new business agreements with food banks
- Consult with partners about their last-mile delivery needs to serve vulnerable populations at scale, and present technology solutions to meet their objectives
- Accurately and completely record activities and meeting notes in Hubspot CRM
- Work closely with the Partner Success team to activate partners and ensure a positive onboarding experience with Helping Hands Community
- Experience in sales, account management, community outreach, or partnerships preferred
- Entrepreneurial spirit and self-starter mentality. Takes initiative to research and connect with local leaders and organizations
- You are passionate about giving back and scaling social impact through technology
- You are a proactive and curious learner. The food bank market conditions can change quickly and you are the front line for HHC to understand shifts in the market
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. You can write succinct emails, discuss business objectives with an executive, and explain how a product works to non-technical stakeholders
- You are a clear and effective communicator. We're a distributed team that often works asynchronously so we're extra mindful about communication and careful CRM use
- Ability to commit up to 5-10 hours/week for the next 3-6 months. Availability to support partner meetings during weekday business hours required.
Helping Hands Community is a team of volunteers that mobilized last year to help slow the spread of COVID-19. The majority of volunteers are devoting time outside of their other job to support the Helping Hands Community. The demands for a role like this require someone who can devote 5-10 hours per week to this position. Because the team is dispersed across the country and due to the unique hours individuals are working, frequent use of communication channels like Slack and email are critical to ensure no one is bottlenecking decisions or tasks.
About Helping Hands Community
Greater Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90003, US
Helping Hands is a non-profit organization created to slow the spread of COVID-19 through tech-enabled, community volunteerism. We connect people who are most at-risk with those who can safely deliver critical items and provide various forms of assistance. Our community volunteers deliver groceries, medicine, and other necessary supplies to empower everyone to stay healthy and be as responsible as they can be.
Helping Hands Community is a non-profit organization created to slow the spread of COVID-19 through tech-enabled, community volunteerism. We connect people who must shelter in place with those who can safely deliver critical items (like food, medicine, or household goods) and provide various forms of assistance (like dog-walking, mail pick-ups, or conversations). By facilitating these connections, we can help protect neighbors from contracting severe illness, and each other from an overwhelmed healthcare system.
Founded by a diverse group of volunteers - including both veterans of Uber, Facebook, and Google and students beginning their careers - Helping Hands is built and operated by a team of over 100 volunteers around the world with backgrounds in engineering, design, operations, marketing, and policy. We have experience building solutions for scale, and we're using that knowledge to help communities shelter in place while still getting what they need to remain comfortable.
The current health crisis is unprecedented. We must continue to protect our families, our loved ones, and our fellow community members. We are all in this together, and together, there is a lot of good we can do.
1221 BridgewaySausalito, CA 94965
September 23, 2021