DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Marketing & Development Intern
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
BPP empowers children and youth in Latin America by providing supplementary schooling that instills creativity, enhances confidence, facilitates international communication, and develops critical thinking skills. We envision a world where local communities are able to leverage the growth of dynamic, emerging industries into economic and educational opportunities for their children, youth, and families.
BPP is currently offering a virtual internship opportunity for interns to learn about nonprofit development from home and help provide children in Latin America with an education, preferring candidates with:
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of different social media platforms and search engines
- An understanding of marketing strategy & outreach
- Strong relationships with influences in the community
- Attention to detail
- A passion for education, nonprofit development, and/or Latin America
- Leadership & Management skills
Between the months of November and February BPP runs two back-to-back initiatives: a Holiday Fundraising Campaign, and a Strategic Planning Internship ProgramWe are looking for strong leaders to work side-by-side with our Executive Director and Board of Directors in forming part of a team of Ambassadors to help us raise money for our Holiday Campaign, and to participate as a team of strategic development interns to help us to draft and execute our annual plan for 2022, while putting together our 2021 Annual ReportThese interns will be coached and trained by our Executive Director and select members of our Board of Directors throughout the internship.
The primary focus for the interns will be:
- Marketing Communications - Create an integrated marketing campaign to promote our annual Holiday fundraising campaign, Assist in the development of campaign manifesto and messaging revolving around relevance to current events, establish and develop a fundraising platform
- SEO Strategy & Recommendations - Assist in the development and implementation of an SEO strategy; provide content suggestions and recommendations to increase search visibility; help increase our inbound traffic and optimize the customer journey; help increase inbound leads.
- Strategic Social Media Marketing - help develop and implement strategies for improving our online presence and increasing engagement; create a content calendar; create usable social media and blog posts.
- Financial Planning & Analysis - Interns will help draft financial summary of 2021 and assist Executive Director and finance team in making accurate financial projections for 2022, once the budget from the Holiday Campaign is confirmed.
- Development Strategy - Evaluate our current Strategic Development Planand make recommendations for further additional ways to enhance our sustainability and solve pressing issues in the global economy that directly impact the organization; analyze outcomes and statistics from 2021 operations and assist in drafting an outlione and gathering content for annual report
- Leadership & Management- Help lead, and participate as, a team of Ambassadors in fundraising efforts by organizing and attending weekly meetings, providing content and drafting toolkits, and serving as a liaison between on-site staff,students, and ambassadors.
At the end of the internship:
- Interns will have helped us develop effective messaging to effectively raise funds for our Holiday Fundraising Campaign.
- Interns will have generated more traffic and revenue through search engines to drive donors to the HolidayFundraising Campaign platform.
- Interns will have helped us improve our online presence, reaching more donors, and effectively promoting our Holiday Fundraising Campaign through compelling content.
- Interns will assist BPP in implementing a development strategy that increases funding opportunities, and enhances the quality of programming for our beneficiaries
Other duties the intern may complete:
- Assist with outbound email marketing campaigns as needed; measure and report on the performance of these campaigns analyzing insights data and using tools such as Network for Good and Google Sheets
- Content development, including social posts, blog posts, LinkedIn articles, and website copy.
- Effectively managing a team of volunteers, utilizing volunteer management tools and platforms.
If you are interested in learning the ins and outs of non-profit management, development, marketing, and strategic planning, this may be the opportunity for you. This is an unpaid virtual summer internship opportunity. While you are not required to have a lot of experience, only dedicated and serious applicants will be considered.
Please email cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About BARRIO PLANTA PROJECT
1800 M St. NW, PO Box #33997, WASHINGTON DC, DC 20033, US
Due to limited resources, many students in Latin America only attend school for half a day. The Barrio Planta Project (BPP) provides free supplementary schooling to the children of Latin America with the goal to give them positive recreation and supervised structure during the other half of their day. We believe that Creativity, Confidence, Communication, and Critical Thinking skills are essential abilities and will help our students lead happy, healthy and productive lives.
Barrio Planta Project (BPP) was officially registered in the United States in December 2009 as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. In March 2011, BPP also received national NGO status in Nicaragua. Barrio Planta Project (BPP) envisions a world where local communities are able to leverage the growth of dynamic, emerging industries into economic and educational opportunities for their children, youth, and families. Across our three school sites in Nicaragua, BPP empowers children and youth in Latin America through free supplementary schooling that instills creativity, enhances confidence, facilitates international communication, and develops critical thinking skills. The primary beneficiaries of the organization are impoverished children and youth, ages 4-17 and a growing number of programs are designed for a secondary group of adults, ages 17+.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 23, 2021
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Youth Services
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Must be at least 16