2 people are interested
Precious Mentor--Workforce Development
2 people are interested
Mentor Reports To: Precious Mentor Manager
Summary: The role of our Workforce Development Mentor is to support our Precious Perks participants in workforce readiness, academic achievement and job placement. Precious Perks is a Workforce Development program for individuals, ages 16-24, who are currently out of work. Mentors would meet with their mentee in the community and virtually.
- Must be able to commit to their mentee for one year.
- Meet with mentee on a regular basis to establish working relationship and to support mentee in setting and attaining employment goals.
- Schedule and rate all meetings with mentee using Connect| Focus |Grow App.
- Assist mentee in solving work-related and other problems that interfere with mentee’s success at work or school.
- Support and assist mentee through workforce readiness by conducting job search tasks, mock interviews, resume building and editing, networking, etc.
- Respond to program staff communications in a timely manner.
- Must completer Volunteer Orientation with Volunteer Team.
- Must have Volunteer Waiver Form completed.
- Must complete and pass background and fingerprint check.
- Attend and support ongoing mentor training.
- Must be at least 25 years of age with a minimum of 3-years work experience.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Have a positive perspective on young people.
- Be willing to adhere to all program policies and procedures.
- Be dependable and consistent in meeting time commitments.
- Be willing to communicate regularly with program staff, submit activity information and take constructive feedback.
- Minimum of 12-month commitment.
- Meet with their mentee 4 hours monthly.
- Must attend mentor orientation.
- Must attend ongoing mentor training.
- Connect with a young adult in need and help them grow their skills and prepare them for the workforce.
- Helping youth navigate through varies workplace scenarios and issues.
About A Precious Child, Inc.
557 Burbank Street, Unit E, Broomfield, CO 80020, US
A Precious Child, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides children in need with opportunities and resources to empower them to achieve their full potential. A Precious Child envisions a future where every child grows up to be a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community.
A Precious Child assists children and families facing difficult life challenges such as abuse and neglect, crisis situations, and poverty. We work with more than 300 agency partners throughout eight counties which include Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, and Weld Counties to identify children and families in the most need of our services. Our core initiatives help build the whole child, in addition to meeting basic human needs through our Resource Center and Boutiques (satellite resource centers), we also help children and their families navigate community resources.
We aim to bridge the gap in a child’s education so that they can become a secure, self-reliant, contributing member of their community as adults.
7051 W. 118th AvenueBroomfield, CO 80020
September 23, 2021
- Professional Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training