ORGANIZATION: IRON SPIKE INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
Our Membership Coordinator will help recruit museum members, manage the membership database, maintain regular communications with members, determine member interests and create member-only experiences.
- Attend local events (festivals, train shows, family-focused events) as an Iron Spike representative
- Look for opportunities to recruit members
Communicate with members regularly
- Obtain feedback on the museum (discuss with senior management)
- Determine member interests (discuss with senior management)
- Send renewal notices
- Encourage involvement with museum fund-raising/work projects
Create Member-only experiences
- Annual Members Appreciation event
About IRON SPIKE INC
1498 High Street, WASHINGTON, MO 63090, US
We are a Model Train Museum in Washington Mo. Our mission is to honor the history of railroading in our nation through the narrative and interaction with visitors as they tour the Museum.
Iron Spike is a great place to volunteer. We have no paid employees but very enthusiastic volunteers. We have now been open for over six years and haven't begun to scratch the surface of the many things we dream of offering in terms of programs. Two solid programs right now are Operation Lifesaver, the railroad safety program, and the Boy Scout Railroad Merit Badge Program. Operation Lifesaver is generally available to museum guests on the third Saturday of each month. Presentations are tailored to suit the age of attendees from preschool to senior citizen. The Boy Scout Railroad Merit Badge class is offered several times a year. Each offering gives 10 scouts the opportunity to earn their Railroad Merit Badge. Volunteers with appropriate experience are encouraged to participate in these presentations as guest instructors.
We also need to volunteers to interact with guests as they tour our Museum. You will escort guests around the main show room floor and discuss the layouts in the room. Then escort/direct them back to the Main Museum area. Trains will be running for all to see how they work. You may choose to be one of the docents in the Museum area. These individuals are outgoing and enjoy telling a good story. Each of them develops their own batch of stories about scenes on the train layouts. This way every tour is different. Visitors are entertained with stories that explain the action they see on the layouts.
1498 High StreetWashington, MO 63090
November 15, 2022
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours per week
- After orientation, must be a self-starter with initiative to see what needs doing and get it done. Communicate recruitment and event ideas to senior staff for approval and funding.