1 person is interested
Surgery Support Volunteer
1 person is interested
Summary: Surgery Volunteers assist with various aspects on surgery days in the surgery suite at the Ruff Start Rescue office. Previous veterinary medicine experience is not required.
Time Commitment: Surgery days are weekdays from 7am to 4pm. You can volunteer for the whole day or just for an individual shift: check-in 7-9am, recovery and instrument cleaning/packing 9:30am-1pm, clean-up and autoclave 1-4pm.
Location: Princeton, MN
Reports to: Senior Medical Manager
- Check-in 7am-9am - This consists of greeting the foster parent when they arrive with their foster animals and getting the dogs and cats set up in kennels, getting weights on the animals and taking temperatures.
- Recovery and instrument cleaning/packing 9am-1pm - This is sitting with the animals right after surgery is complete. Keeping them warm and comfortable and once they are ready placing them back into the kennels. Cleaning the instruments used in surgery with special tools and solutions and then wrapping them into packs.
- Clean-up and autoclave 1pm-4pm - This is running the cleaned instrument packs through the autoclave to be sterilized and helping to clean up after surgery as needed.
- Must be 16+
- Reliable transportation to Princeton
- Ability to work courteously and cooperatively with all members of RSR and the public
- Ability to work as a team player, supporting the overall goals of the organization
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with animals, knowledge of animal behavior, and experience working with animal welfare programs is preferred
About Ruff Start Rescue
12526 319th Ave, Princeton, MN 55371, US
Ruff Start Rescue is dedicated to saving animals whose lives are at risk. We also educate the community about the importance of animal rescue and responsibility. www.facebook.com/ruffstart
Who We Are & How We Do It
We are a foster based animal rescue based out of Central MN. We are a No-Kill dog and cat rescue organization. We rescue stray, neglected, abandoned, and surrendered dogs and cats as well as ferrets, guinea pigs and rabbits. We all work very hard to place them in new loving homes. We have a facility in Princeton for staff and supplies, but we operate throughout all of central MN. In fact, we have most of our fosters in the twin cities and surrounding areas.
This group could not survive without all of our wonderful volunteers who spend countless hours devoting time to save lives. Most volunteers work full time jobs, have children, their own animals, etc and have a very busy schedule. So if your phone calls or emails are not answered by a live person right away, it’s probably because we are at work and will call you as soon as we can.
More info at: http://www.ruffstartrescue.com/info/index
All Over MinnesotaPrinceton, MN 55371
September 23, 2021
- Animal Care / Handling
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training