Hospice Volunteers Needed in Ormond Area
ORGANIZATION: Gentiva Hospice
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Kindred Hospice Palm Coast branch is seeking FULLY COVID VACCINATED volunteers to provide companionship to patients in their homes in Ormond Beach.
- Enjoy making a difference in the life of a terminally ill person.
- Enjoy learning about the life history of an amazing patient.
- Enjoy a volunteer appreciation luncheon.
- Enjoy one-of-a-kind experiences with patients and staff.
- Enjoy an annual education program.
- Enjoy quarterly guest speaker programs.
- Must be fully Covid vaccinated.
- Be at least 18 years of age to volunteer directly with patients.
- Application, reference check, background check, fingerprinting, drug screening, and TB test (all at no cost!!)
- Hospice volunteer orientation and annual training.
- Must be able to transport self to and from patient home; may not be dropped off.
Volunteers provide friendly, non-medical visits to hospice patients in their homes; no hands-on care permitted.
Types of direct care might include:
- Caregiver relief
- Reading, playing cards, or playing games
- Conducting life review
- Performing/playing music
- Arts/crafts with patient
Scheduling is flexible; generally 2 hours, 1 x per week. All visits take place in patient home.
For more information, please respond to this ad.
Thank you for your interest in being a Kindred Hospice Volunteer!
About Gentiva Hospice
160 Cypress Point Pkwy, Suite D-104, Palm Coast, FL 32164, US
To provide compassionate care and extraordinary service to the patients and the families we serve.
We believe hospice care can be something more
The most important time is the time you have together-with friends, with family, with loved ones. Many people think hospice is only about end-of-life care, but it’s so much more than that. We help people with life-limiting illnesses, along with their loved ones, make the most of every moment.
Multiple locations Ormond Beach, FL 32174
August 25, 2022
- Mental Health
- Patient Care
- Hospice Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours 1 x week.
- **MUST BE FULLY COVID VACCINATED.** Must be able to transport self to and from patient home.