1 person is interested
Fall 2021 - JoyFULL Eats Coordinator Internship
1 person is interested
This position is for Fall 2021, requiring a minimum of 200 total hours. The position will be on location, and the schedule will be flexible, but specific hours will be determined based on student’s availability and agency needs. The internship hours will need to be completed by December 6, 2021.
The JoyFULL Eats Intern provides administrative support to the Food Operations Manager. Responsibilities include scheduling family meals and coordinating with volunteer groups, correspondence and general clerical support, as well as food pick-ups when needed. The JoyFULL Eats Coordinator supports the core values, goals, and objectives and the mission of Ronald McDonald House Houston as set forth by the Board of Directors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report hours to supervisor each week, for approval and collaboration purposes.
- Uphold the policies of Ronald McDonald House Houston.
- Provide warm, friendly and timely communication with RMH Houston staff, volunteers, donors and families utilizing services.
- Schedule and coordinate family meals for RMHH locations
- Work closely with all RMH Houston programs to coordinate and schedule meals
- Update and maintain Outlook calendar for each Program location
- Assist staff in orientating group volunteers to policies and procedures and ensures compliance of the same
- Assist staff in ensuring that groups’ needs are addressed prior to arrival, materials are organized and easily accessible
- Participate with Food Operations Manager in community outreach and identify potential community partners to serve patients and families.
- Pick up HEB Simple Meals and deliver to the hospital locations, other quick errands or pick-ups as needed
- Ability to communicate compassionately with patients/families on a one-on-one basis
- Ability to interact comfortably with patients who may be very ill
- Ability to interact gracefully with donors, staff, volunteers and the public
- Ability to relate to families and children of various ages and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to comply with RMH Houston policies
- Someone with a pleasant personality and an empathetic and caring nature who is genuinely interested in making a family’s stay more comfortable and easier
- Someone who is outgoing, a good communicator, listener, and detail oriented. The position requires a person who demonstrates good judgment, flexibility and dependability
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional in manner and demonstrates supportive and cheerful behavior
- Excellent customer service skills inclusive of external and internal customers
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to details, and verbal and written communication skills (able to multi-task)
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrates excellent verbal phone skills with a cheerful and pleasant voice
- Clean driving record in order to be added to RMH Insurance to drive organization’s vehicles
- Agree to follow COVID-19 safety precautions
- Vaccinated for COVID-19, provide documentation of vaccination and commit to testing if develop COVID-19 symptoms
- Successful completion of background check
- Go to https://rmhhouston.volunteerhub.com
- Click Create New Account to submit application
- When prompted on the next screen, enter Join Code RMHHINTERN to open the internship application
- Upload resume as part of application
About Ronald McDonald House Houston
1907 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, US
Houston's Ronald McDonald House offers a home away from home providing care, compassion and hope to families with seriously ill children being treated in Texas Medical Center member institutions.
Ronald McDonald House Houston opened its doors in 1981 to offer a home away from home to the families with seriously ill children being treated in Texas Medical Center member institutions. Houston's RMH operates several locations that offer home-like environments to these seriously ill children and their families:
- 50 bedroom House on Holcombe Boulevard
- 20 bedroom House inside Texas Children's Hospital
- 14 bedroom House inside Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital
- Cardiovascular ICU Family Room at Texas Children's Hospital
- Hematology/Oncology Inpatient Family Room at Texas Children's Hospital
- Outpatient Family Room at Texas Children's Hospital
- Women's Pavilion Family Room at Texas Children's Hospital
- Family Room program at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Each of these facilities serves a different population. The Holcombe House is generally home to families from outside Houston while the in-hospital facilities primarily serve families from the greater Houston area. At RMH Houston, the families find comfort, encouragement and support from volunteers, staff and other families, who share similar experiences, during an unimaginably difficult time in their lives.
Ronald McDonald House Houston is able to provide these services because of the generous gifts of time and financial support provided by individuals, companies, and foundations throughout the Houston community.
1907 Holcombe Blvd.Houston, TX 77030
September 23, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 200 hours for the semester