Kitty City Volunteer
Kitty City is a great option for someone who is looking to help out at the shelter in a more low key environment than the dog area. We have plenty of cats and kittens that need help being socialized. We have the following opportunities:
- Cat Socialization (12-2PM & 4-6PM) Monday-Sunday
- Cat Enrichment Building (12-2PM) Tuesday, Thursday, & Saturday
- Cat Enrichment Distributing (12-2PM & 4-6PM) Monday-Sunday
- Cat Kennel & Set-up for the Day (9AM-12PM) - Monday-Sunday
- Clean & Reset OAR cages/carriers (12-2PM & 4-6PM) - Fridays
- Photography (4-6PM - Can be flexible) Monday, Wednesday, & Friday
- Petango Description - Cat's adoption descriptions - Can be done from home any day of the week!
09:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Work along side the Kitty City team prior tot the shelter opening with cleaning kennels and getting the area ready for the day!
- 12:00 PM to 02:00 PM
- 04:00 PM to 06:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About CINCINNATI ANIMAL CARE
3949 COLERAIN AVE, CINCINNATI, OH 45223, US
We believe that every animal deserves a chance at a live outcome, should be treated as an individual, and that lifesaving is a community ethic. We trust our community and hope you’ll trust us. We promise to always be transparent with our community- you’ll always have a 'noses in, noses out’ monthly data report. You’ll always know exactly where we stand. At Cincinnati Animal CARE, we treat every animal as an individual and assess their health and temperament holistically. When we euthanize an animal, it is because we have exhausted ALL other options for a live outcome and have determined that the animal is suffering too greatly, without good prognosis, from an illness or injury or they are a true public safety risk.
We operate with the belief that an animal shelter is no place to live. We believe the best thing we can do for animals in Hamilton County is to keep them out of the shelter to begin with. We are committed to comprehensive programming that works with pet owners first to seek solutions to financial, behavioral, or housing problems that are hindering responsible pet ownership with the goal of keeping pets in homes. In the event that an animal must enter our care, we believe a robust foster program is the answer to providing re-homing support while keeping them out of the shelter.
Every animal in our care will receive immediate, individual attention and consideration. Each animal is placed on a live outcome plan upon arrival and our staff are compassionate and trained in best practices to ensure the exceptional care of every animal. "The Five Freedoms" are just the minimum. We will always act with a sense of urgency when lives are on the line.
3949 Colerain AveCincinnati, OH 45223
September 23, 2021
- Animal Care / Handling
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- We require 3 hours per month to stay active.
- There's online orientation and training videos that must be taken prior to starting. These should take no more than 1 hour and 30 minutes total. Training videos of directed towards dog handling but still required. Kitty City is more hands on.