2 people are interested
Fall 2021 - Family Activities Coordinator Internship
2 people are interested
The Family Activities Intern provides administrative support to the Family Activities Manager.
Responsibilities include scheduling family activities, coordinating with volunteer groups,
correspondence, and general clerical support. The Family Activities Coordinator supports the
core values, goals, and objectives and the mission of Ronald McDonald House Houston as set
forth by the Board of Directors.
This position is for Fall 2021, requiring a total of 200 hours with no more than 20 hours per week.
The position will be on location and the specific schedule will be based on student’s
availability and agency needs. The internship hours will need to be completed by December
7, 2021. Scheduling accommodations may be made for the right candidate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Report hours to supervisor each week, for approval and collaboration purposes.
* Uphold the policies of Ronald McDonald House Houston
* Provide warm, friendly and timely communication with RMH Houston staff, volunteers,
donors and families utilizing services
* Schedule and coordinate family activities for RMHH Holcombe House location, work
with Family Activities Manager to arrange hybrid programming to hospitals as required.
* Work closely with all RMH Programs to coordinate and schedule activities
* Update and maintain Outlook calendar for programming
* Assist staff in orientating group volunteers to policies and procedures and ensures
compliance of the same
* Assist staff in ensuring that groups’ needs are addressed prior to arrival, materials are
organized and easily accessible
* Assist staff in preparing, maintaining, and storing supplies and collateral, as needed
* Participate with Family Activities Manager in community outreach and identify potential
community partners to serve patients and families
* Ability to communicate compassionately with patients/families on a one-on-one basis
* Ability to interact comfortably with patients who may be very ill
* Ability to interact gracefully with donors, staff, volunteers, and the public
* Ability to relate to families and children of various ages and cultural backgrounds
* Ability to comply with RMH Houston policies
* Someone with a pleasant personality and an empathetic and caring nature who is
genuinely interested in making a family’s stay more comfortable and easier
* Someone who is outgoing, a good communicator, listener, and detail oriented. The
position requires a person who demonstrates good judgment, flexibility and
* Excellent interpersonal skills, professional in manner and demonstrates supportive and
* Excellent customer service skills inclusive of external and internal customers
* Excellent organizational skills, attention to details, and verbal and written
communication skills (able to multi-task)
* Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Demonstrates excellent verbal phone skills with a cheerful and pleasant voice
* Go to https://rmhhouston.volunteerhub.com
* Click Create New Account to submit application.
* When prompted on the next screen, enter Join Code RMHHINTERN to open the
* Upload résumé as part of application
About Ronald McDonald House Houston
1907 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, US
Houston's Ronald McDonald House offers a home away from home providing care, compassion and hope to families with seriously ill children being treated in Texas Medical Center member institutions.
Ronald McDonald House Houston opened its doors in 1981 to offer a home away from home to the families with seriously ill children being treated in Texas Medical Center member institutions. Houston's RMH operates several locations that offer home-like environments to these seriously ill children and their families:
- 50 bedroom House on Holcombe Boulevard
- 20 bedroom House inside Texas Children's Hospital
- 14 bedroom House inside Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital
- Cardiovascular ICU Family Room at Texas Children's Hospital
- Hematology/Oncology Inpatient Family Room at Texas Children's Hospital
- Outpatient Family Room at Texas Children's Hospital
- Women's Pavilion Family Room at Texas Children's Hospital
- Family Room program at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Each of these facilities serves a different population. The Holcombe House is generally home to families from outside Houston while the in-hospital facilities primarily serve families from the greater Houston area. At RMH Houston, the families find comfort, encouragement and support from volunteers, staff and other families, who share similar experiences, during an unimaginably difficult time in their lives.
Ronald McDonald House Houston is able to provide these services because of the generous gifts of time and financial support provided by individuals, companies, and foundations throughout the Houston community.
1907 Holcombe Blvd.Houston, TX 77030
September 23, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Program Management
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 200 hours for the semester
- Agree to follow COVID-19 safety precautions. Must be fully vaccinated and able to provide proof of vaccination. Successful completion of a background check.