5 people are interested
5 people are interested
TEDxSeattle is growing, and we are in search of a Co-Organizer (multiple positions possible) to help define the long-term vision for the TEDxSeattle Organization and build a team of volunteers and partner organizations to help execute on that strategy. As Co-Organizer, your goal would be to support multiple TEDx Seattle teams and ensure they are effective.
This role requires a balance of strategy and execution. You will often be expected to roll up your sleeves and take on individual tasks when they can't be completed by volunteers on the team. A successful leader in this role will be able to build highly effective and dependable teams
A good co-organizer should be able to:
- make difficult decisions that will impact large numbers of people (either volunteers or members of the TEDxSeattle community)
- help realign volunteers or hire new volunteers when team members step down from their roles.
- responsibly manage our budget and finances
- Defining the strategic and organizational structure for TEDxSeattle
- Build programs and support systems for TEDxSeattle's ancillary teams (TEDxSeattleWomen, TEDxYouth@Seattle, and TEDxSeattle Salons)
- Set annual event strategy, including event format, location, speaker count, etc.
- Lead a team of managers and empower them to successfully lead their teams
- Be responsible for the overall P&L of the TEDxSeattle organization along with ancillary events
- Create programs to ensure that volunteers continually get value from their volunteer experience year after year
- 5+ years of leading large cross-functional teams
- 5+ years of planning and executing large-scale events
- 3+ years of leading teams of people managers
- 3+ years of overseeing P&L for a team or organization with six-figure annual revenue
No applicable, Seattle, WA 98109, US
About TEDx Seattle TEDxSeattle is one of the first TEDx events offered in the world, and is our region’s premier TED-style event as well as the largest in Washington State. Our premiere event is usually hosted at McCaw Hall, where we guide 2,800 people through a series of TED talks, audience activities, and lobby experiences over the course of a day. We also produce a series of smaller TEDx events around Seattle during the year.
TEDxSeattle is a volunteer-based organization that strives to spread ideas worth sharing. In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TED has created a program called TEDx. TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. Our event is called TEDxSeattle, where x = independently organized TED event. At our TEDxSeattle event, TEDTalks video and live speakers will combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group.
Seattle areaSeattle, WA 98104
September 22, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Program Management
- Resource Development / Management
- Critical Thinking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- 6-10 hours per week
- A long-term volunteer commitment of 3+ years is expected