Social Media Lead
Greg Tanaka for Congress is looking for a bright and motivated lead intern to assist the campaign. Your responsibilities will include building our campaign’s social media presence and promoting the campaign via creative engagement with our supporters. Our internship program offers students a unique opportunity to experience the work of a congressional campaign, including: working with constituents, conducting community outreach efforts, assisting community-based organizations, campaigning, organizing civic events and projects, databases, staffing the office, and other activities. You should have excellent written communication, be highly organized and be able to multitask.
The ideal candidate must be enrolled in an educational program upon the start of your internship and have an interest in public policy, community organizing, political science, economics, English, communications, public relations or a similar area of study or career path. Candidates must also be able to dedicate 10-15 hours per week toward the campaign.
- Identify and recruit, as required, potential interns or volunteers (high school or college students).
- Keep the social media team excited about the campaign work
- Oversee the day to day activities of the social media team
- Design new social media campaign ideas (eg, for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Lead the social media team’s weekly all hands meetings.
- Monitor social media performance statistics and actively adjust new content to maximize reach and engagement.
- Stay up to date with developments in social media to maximize reach
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Tech savvy with presence on at least one social media platform (eg, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Understanding of marketing techniques and strategies
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines simultaneously
- Experience creating content for social media
- Ability to innovate and take responsibility
Although unpaid, interns may qualify for internship credit from their university or school, as well as earn a letter of recommendation from the campaign. Depending on the college, sponsorships are possible: https://sig.stanford.edu/fellowships/
About Office of Councilmember Greg Tanaka
250 Hamilton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301, US
Greg Tanaka is current City of Palo Alto Councilmember and is running for re-election in November 2020.
The City of Palo Alto is a city of roughly 70,000 residents located at the heart of Silicon Valley, California. Greg Tanaka was elected to serve on the city council in 2016 and is running for re-election in 2020.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 4, 2021
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- Must be at least 12
- Min. 6 hours per week