Social Media Intern
Greg Tanaka for Congress is looking for bright and motivated interns to assist the campaign. Your responsibilities will include building our campaign’s social media presence and promoting the campaign via creative engagement with our supporters. This is an exciting opportunity to have a significant impact on the campaign. You should have excellent written communication, be highly organized and be able to multitask.
The ideal candidate must be enrolled in an educational program upon the start of your internship and have an interest in public policy, community organizing, political science, economics, English, communications, public relations or a similar area of study or career path. Candidates must also be able to dedicate 10-15 hours per week toward the campaign.
Essential duties include:
The social media intern will be responsible for a variety of social media marketing activities for the campaign.
- Monitor social media platforms for trending topics, ideas, feedback and content.
- Experiment and adjust social media posting schedules to maximize reach.
- Implement outreach strategies and promotional campaigns to spread brand awareness of the campaign
- Participate in the campaign’s marketing all hands meetings.
- Monitor audience responses, messages and engagement.
- Stay up to date with developments in social media platforms for maximum effectiveness
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Tech savvy with presence on at least one social media platform (eg, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.)
- Basic understanding of marketing techniques and strategies
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines simultaneously
- Assist with responding to a variety of online constituent inquiries and issues
Although unpaid, interns may qualify for internship credit from their university or school, as well as earn a letter of recommendation from the campaign. Depending on the college, sponsorships are possible: https://sig.stanford.edu/fellowships/
About Office of Councilmember Greg Tanaka
250 Hamilton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301, US
Greg Tanaka is current City of Palo Alto Councilmember and is running for re-election in November 2020.
The City of Palo Alto is a city of roughly 70,000 residents located at the heart of Silicon Valley, California. Greg Tanaka was elected to serve on the city council in 2016 and is running for re-election in 2020.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
October 4, 2021
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Graphic Design / Print
- Administrative Support
- Must be at least 12
- Min. 6 hours per week