4 people are interested
Enjoy Antiquing, Thrifting, or Crafting? Your Talents Can Make a Difference at the ReStore!
ORGANIZATION: Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
From vintage tableware to Christmas ornaments, antique wall maps to brand-new blenders, day after day Habitat ReStores receive hundreds of unique donations. We’re looking for volunteers who can help us research, price, repair, and process each one to help raise funds for Habitat for Humanity!
Habitat ReStores are non-profit home improvement stores and donation centers whose proceeds are used to build safe, affordable homes in our community. We sell new and gently used furniture, building materials, appliances, and home accessories to the public at 50%-75% below retail. Through the sale of these items, we raise hundreds of thousands of dollars each year to build safe, affordable homes in our community.
ReStore is driven by volunteer power: every day, our volunteers turn every donated couch, cushion, and cabinet into an opportunity for homes and hope. Habitat’s ReStore offers an enjoyable, accommodating, and impactful volunteer experience at each of our three Milwaukee-area locations: Wauwatosa, Greenfield, and Franklin.
Volunteer roles at the ReStore include:
- Donation Center Volunteer: help sort, research, price, and prepare donations for sale. This is a great volunteer role for anyone looking to get their hands dirty while sorting through all the fascinating donations that come through our doors.
- Sales Floor Volunteer: if you like organizing, making displays, and helping customers find what their project needs, this role might be for you. It’s our sales floor volunteers who give our customers a personal connection to Habitat for Humanity.
- Cashier Volunteer: we’re looking for volunteers who can hold the fort down to serve as cashiers. If you’re a multi-tasker, a person who always offers a smile and won’t back down from a long line of customers, we need you!
- Additional volunteer opportunities include: metal scrapping, furniture repair, electronics testing, and more.
To get started volunteering with Milwaukee Habitat, please visit www.mkehabitat.volunteerhub.com to fill out a volunteer application and register for an orientation. Volunteers will be able to begin contributing following their orientation.
Questions? Get in touch!
ReStore Volunteer Coordinator: Nichali Xhelili Ciaccio
3015 N. 114th St.
Wauwatosa, WI 53222
6939 S. Riverwood Blvd.
Franklin, WI 53132
4150 S. 108th St.
Greenfield, WI 53228
Staffed largely by volunteers, Habitat’s ReStores are eco-friendly locations to both donate and shop for home building supplies and furnishings. Habitat’s ReStores carry overstocked, discounted, new and used building materials donated by manufacturers, stores, contractors and individuals. The stores are open to the public with all items sold at a fraction of the retail cost. ReStore donations benefit Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity's mission of building simple, decent and affordable homes in partnership with families in need.
About Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity
3726 N. Booth, Milwaukee, WI 53212, US
Seeking to put God's love into action, Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity seeks to eliminate poverty housing by working alongside future homeowners and volunteers to build and rehab simple, decent and affordable houses. Milwaukee Habitat also two donation-driven retail stores called the ReStores.
All proceeds from ReStore sales benefit Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity's mission of building simple, decent and affordable homes in partnership with families in need. The ReStore is stocked exclusively with donated items such as new and used furniture, appliances, kitchen cabinets, building materials and other home goods.
Multiple locations Milwaukee, WI 53212
November 15, 2023
- Customer Service
- Interior / Exterior Design
- Retail / Sales
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Flexible based on preference. Regular volunteer roles start with a commitment of 8 - 16 hours per month.