Friendly Visitor Volunteer
New Volunteer Opportunity!
During these trying times, many older adults can be physically disconnected and isolated. Our agency, JFS Akron, has been providing many older adults with programming via Zoom for entertainment and enrichment, like musical performances or book readings. However, many of these seniors would feel even more connected if they had a person to help them navigate virtual programming while watching the Zoom series with them.
If you have a need to help others to be able to connect via Zoom during these difficult times, JFS Akron is seeking Friendly Visitor in the Akron area who would like to work with older adults.
The requirements are:
- Knowledge of how to use various devices, such as Ipads and other related tablets
- Experience or a strong interest to work with the elderly
- Comfortable wearing PPE in a client’s home and working with a client for 2-4 per month.
- Schedule that permits availability during daytime hours.
- Have an Ohio driver’s license and auto insurance
- Must be vaccinated
- Must be 18 years or older
If interested, you can contact us via one these methods:
- Call Laura Kestin at 216-378-3475
- Email email@example.com
About Jewish Family Service Association of Cleveland
29125 Chagrin Blvd., Pepper Pike, OH 44124, US
Jewish Family Service Association of Cleveland serves to strengthen families and individuals in both the Jewish and general communities in Northeast Ohio. Guided by traditional Jewish values of communal responsibility and social justice, JFSA is committed to enhancing every individual's ability to thrive in our community.
Behavioral health and social services agency.
750 White Pond DriveAkron, OH 44320
September 22, 2021
- Elder care
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Timing is flexible, but around 2-4 hours per month.
- Knowledge of Zoom is preferred. Experience working with the Elderly or interest in doing so.