1 person is interested
Five Valleys Area- Communications Coordinator
1 person is interested
Special Olympics programming in the Missoula, Hamilton, or Flathead Reservation area is actively searching for a Communications Coordinator. Do you have strengths in communicating, organization and have good people skills? If so, this position could be for you!
PRIMARY PURPOSE: The COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR is responsible for communicating the progress, events, and daily activities of the Area Management Team (AMT), local programs, and athletes within the AMT as well as to the general public.
- Social Media: Manage Area Facebook page regularly to reflect current events and announcements for the AMT and local programs.
- Promotion & Outreach: Promote the achievements of area athletes and volunteers by collecting stories and sharing them via social media, email, and the SOMT Marketing & Communications Department.
- Work with Games Management Committees to promote Area competitions.
- Work with Fundraising Coordinator and Special Events Committee to promote Area fundraising opportunities.
- Assist Area Director in preparing and distributing press releases and media notices.
- Photos: Manage all Area photos in Facebook.
TRAINING PROVIDED: New coordinator orientation and position-specific training provided by Special Olympics Montana staff.
Volunteers are the Heartbeat of Special Olympics Montana where we serve over 2,000 athletes. To give these individuals the opportunities they enjoy, we need your help. Every volunteer is a potential spokesperson for Special Olympics Montana. Our success is driven by the dedication of our volunteer Management Teams, Area and Local Coordinators, Coaches and thousands of event volunteers. Find out what volunteer opportunities interest you. If you would like more general volunteer information please contact Lindsey Campbell, Outreach Coordinator, by email email@example.com or call 406-304-4034. Check out www.somt.org for further information too.
About Special Olympics Montana
710 1st Ave N, Great Falls, MT 59401, US
The mission of Special Olympics is to provide year round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes, and the community.
Special Olympics Montana is a nonprofit organization designed to provide year-round, statewide programs of physical fitness, sports training and athletic competition for children and adults with intellectual disabilities and closely related developmental disabilities.
Learn more at www.somt.org.
Multiple locations Missoula, MT 59801
September 22, 2021
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Special Needs
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Vaires on the season.
- Class A Volunteer paperwork is required.