1 person is interested
Photo Management Volunteer
1 person is interested
Photos are vital to our work as a charity; we use them on our website, printed collateral and social media. Effective management of our photo library is really important, both to ensure that we have consent from those within the images to use within our marketing materials and that photos are easily accessible to members of the team who need to use them.
Good management of our photo library will also to enable us to understand the diversity within our photos and identify any gaps, as we want to make sure our photos reflect the diverse community we represent and the inclusive culture we work hard to foster at The Charity.
Our marketing team are in the process of transitioning to a new piece of photo management software, and are looking for a volunteer to support with some of the administrative aspects of this project.
How can you help? We’re looking for a volunteer to help us:
- Set up relevant tags for photos within the library
- Review photos that have been uploaded and tag them with relevant topics/ themes
What impact will you have?
By supporting us with this project, you will enable the team at The Charity to effective use this new photo library, both saving time and ensuring that our ways of working are smart and scalable for the future.
We’re looking for...
We’re looking for a volunteer with the following skills and experience...
- Great attention to detail
- Strong digital skills and confidence using new software or tools
- Someone who is happy to take direction and work independently, with the support of a team
- Good time management and communication skills
- We particularly encourage applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, including individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
- What can you gain from volunteering?
- You’ll have the opportunity to utilise your existing skills, while developing and learning new ones to take forward into the future
- You’ll join a friendly, passionate team and develop an insight into The Charity’s marketing team
We are looking for someone to support the team with this one-off project, which will commence on Tuesday 12th October.
The time commitment to this project will vary depending on the volunteers’ experience. We can be flexible about the project completion date, to meet the availability of the volunteer.
Volunteering can take place either within or outside of office hours, although some crossover with the working hours of the team will be beneficial, for the purpose of training and getting support or advice from the team.
You will receive a full induction to The Brain Tumour Charity and any specific training for the role, as well as ongoing direction from a member of the Marketing Team for the duration of the project.
We carry out reference checks for all individuals who will be volunteering with us on a regular basis. Volunteers will also be required to complete some internal data protection and disclosure documentation before commencing the role. Volunteers must be over 18.
About The Brain Tumour Charity
Hartshead House, 61-65 Victoria Road, Farnborough, Hampshire gu14 7pa, GB
The Brain Tumour Charity is the world's leading brain tumour charity and the largest dedicated funder of research into brain tumours globally. Committed to saving and improving lives, we're moving further, faster to help every single person affected by a brain tumour. We're set on finding new treatments, offering the highest level of support and driving urgent change. And we're doing it right now. Because we understand that when you, or someone you love, is diagnosed with a brain tumour - a cure really can't wait.
- Double survival by 2025
- Halve the harm that brain tumours have on quality of life by 2020
Our values underpin our culture, the way we do things and what we believe in. We are pioneering, passionate, collaborative and smart.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 22, 2021
- Administrative Support
- Basic Computer Skills
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- We are looking for someone to support the team with this one-off project, which will commence on Tuesday 12th October.
- UK residents only.