1 person is interested
MA District 3 - Worried about climate change? We have the antidote to despair!
ORGANIZATION: Citizens' Climate Lobby
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Citizens’ Climate Lobby is building the political will for a sustainable climate by empowering individuals to have breakthroughs in their exercise of personal and political power!
An immediate 1-year opportunity has opened up for a passionate people person in Massachusetts District 3 - Lori Trahan’s district. This is a way to try your hand at organizing and leading a group of volunteers with support from one of the best national advocacy organizations there is! Beginning with a membership list of existing volunteers, work with local and national CCL leaders to run meetings, recruit volunteers, and grow the chapter to influence national climate policy.
- Facilitate monthly meetings of 3 rd district volunteers
- Work with liaison to Rep. Trahan’s office to arrange, plan, and staff regular lobby meetings
- Participate in monthly sequence of coordination conference calls with the CCL Executive Director, CCL President, and Massachusetts State Coordinator
- Listen to monthly national conference calls and bring news and actions back to volunteers
- Work with volunteers to identify ways of increasing engagement and growing the chapter
- Learn about the five levers of building political will and help volunteers find which ones they’d enjoy and find most rewarding
- Work with the State Coordinator and other chapter leaders to coordinate CCL strategy for the state
- None required
- Good communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Organizing information for presentation
- Following up with volunteers to track progress and clear obstacles
About Citizens' Climate Lobby
1330 Orange Ave #309, Coronado, CA 92118, US
We build political will for a livable world.
CCL empowers everyday people to work with their community and their members of Congress on climate change solutions. Our supporters cover the political spectrum and work in more than 450 local chapters. Together, we’re building support for big solutions to climate change.
At CCL, our volunteers do the most important work of our organization. They make meaningful contributions towards our mission every day. As a volunteer, you’ll have the opportunity to put your unique skills to good use to solving climate change. Our lean staff provides you with the tools, training and organization you’ll need to be a successful climate advocate.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 28, 2022
- Environmental Policy
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- 20 hrs. a month
- Phone number and a good time to call.