Citizens' Climate Lobby Chapter Leader for Massachusetts Congressional District 3
Citizens’ Climate Lobby is building the political will for a sustainable climate by empowering individuals to have breakthroughs in their exercise of personal and political power!
An immediate 1-year opportunity has opened up for a passionate people person in Massachusetts District 3 - Lori Trahan’s district. This is a way to try your hand at organizing and leading a group of volunteers with support from one of the best national advocacy organizations there is! Beginning with a membership list of existing volunteers, work with local and national CCL leaders to run meetings, recruit volunteers, and grow the chapter to influence national climate policy.
- Facilitate monthly meetings of 3 rd district volunteers
- Work with liaison to Rep. Trahan’s office to arrange, plan, and staff regular lobby meetings
- Participate in monthly sequence of coordination conference calls with the CCL Executive Director, CCL President, and Massachusetts State Coordinator
- Listen to monthly national conference calls and bring news and actions back to volunteers
- Work with volunteers to identify ways of increasing engagement and growing the chapter
- Learn about the five levers of building political will and help volunteers find which ones they’d enjoy and find most rewarding
- Work with the State Coordinator and other chapter leaders to coordinate CCL strategy for the state
- None required
- Good communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Organizing information for presentation
- Following up with volunteers to track progress and clear obstacles
About Citizens' Climate Lobby
1330 Orange Ave #309, Coronado, CA 92118, US
Take Action to Solve the Climate Crisis: Dr. James Hansen, climate scientist: "Most impressive is the work of the Citizens' Climate Lobby, a relatively new, fastgrowing, nonpartisan, nonprofit group with [250+] chapters across the United States and Canada. If you want to join the fight to save the planet, to save creation for your grandchildren, there is no more effective step you could take than becoming an active member of this group." Citizens' Climate Lobby is committed to two purposes: (1) to create the political will for a stable and sustainable climate and (2) to empower individuals to have a breakthrough in exercising their personal and political power.
Citizens’ Climate Lobby is a non-profit, non-partisan, grassroots advocacy organization focused on national policies to address climate change. In order to generate the political will necessary for passage of Carbon Fee and Dividend legislation (H.R.763) we train and support volunteers to engage elected officials, the media and the public. During the global Covid-19 pandemic, in-person meetings are on pause but there are many ways to train and volunteer virtually. We welcome anyone who is serious about solving climate change as a volunteer. And we work with members of Congress across the political spectrum to find common ground on climate change solutions.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 21, 2021
- Environmental Policy
- Community Outreach
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- 20 hrs. a month
- Phone number and a good time to call.