4 people are interested
4 people are interested
If you are looking for a volunteer opportunity that’s challenging and rewarding, this is the position for you! Join our team as a Fundraising Volunteer and help build a financial foundation for the ASO so we can ensure people with Autism/Asperger’s (ASD-Level1) and their families continue to get the FREE help they need!
What skills and experience you can gain from this role:
- Research funding opportunities and write funding requests as required
- Engage, motivate and facilitate supporters and donors to maximize funds raised
- Recruit and inspire new supporters to raise/donate money while maintaining and developing relationships with existing supporters and donors
- Organize traditional fundraising activities (events/online giving) while developing and helping to implement new and imaginative fundraising activities
- Develop and coordinate web-based fundraising, online auctions, merchandise sales etc.,
- Ensure major donors and/or companies are kept informed of progress/key milestones and recognized/thanked appropriately
- Raise awareness of the ASO and its work at local and provincial levels
What are we looking for from you:
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills both verbally and written
- Dedicated, organized, and have perseverance with proven ability to spot and take advantage of donation opportunities
- Experience with project management and event planning
- Experience working or volunteering in non-profit organizations
- Experience with fundraising projects would be an asset
- Education in Fundraising Management is preferred
Technology Capabilities Requirement: Remote access ability. You will be required to use your own computer/laptop and will be given access to an ASO gmail account that you will use to conduct all ASO- related correspondence. You must be familiar with online web-conferencing tools (e.g., Zoom, Google Meet).
Time commitment: 5-15 hours/per week (remote)
Screening Requirements: Resume, Interview, Reference Check
Duration: Ongoing with expectation for at least a 6 month duration.
The ASO is a small charity with big heart! We don’t receive any government funding and rely on volunteers like YOU to carry out our mission. We operate virtually so that we can direct our money to where it’s best used - providing help to those who need it! All of our services are offered FREE of charge.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ASO Ontario
3219 Yonge Street, Suite 231, Toronto, Ontario M4N 3S1, CA
Our mission is to provide educational information and support to individuals diagnosed with Level 1 ASD, their families, educators, medical and mental health professionals, employers, government agencies and the community, to enable individuals with Level 1 ASD to realize their potential as fully contributing members of their community. The goals of ASO are to improve public and professional awareness and understanding of the unique challenges, strengths, and needs of individuals with Level 1 ASD and their families. We do this by providing information and easy access to resources for families, professionals and others interested in Level 1 ASD.
ASO Ontario is an organization that provides educational information and support to individuals diagnosed with Level 1 ASD, their families, educators, medical and mental health professionals, employers, government agencies and the community, to enable individuals with Level 1 ASD to realize their potential as fully contributing members of their community.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 22, 2021
- Public Relations
- Group Facilitation
- Market Research / Analysis
- Basic Computer Skills
- Google Apps
- Orientation or Training
- 5-15 hours/per week (remote)
- Screening Requirements: Resume, Interview, Reference Check Duration: Ongoing with expectation for at least a 6 month duration.