WE NEED YOU !! International Humanitarian Law (IHL) Riverside IMPACT YOUR COMMUNITY NOW !!
IHL is an educational program to teach the rules of war. Watch this VIDEO to learn more. Through a hands-on approach, using group activities, class discussion and compelling multimedia, this course prepares participants to recognize key concepts in international humanitarian law, including: Even War has Rules, Born on the Battlefield, & Humanity in War.
Position: Present to organizations that work with international populations, community-based refugee/migrant groups, cultural centers, colleges, internal Red cross staff, etc.- virtual and in-person class setting.
- Collaborate in outreach efforts and scheduling of presentations.
- track & report attendance and responses by attendees within the IHL reporting system.
- serve as a IHL subject matter expert.
Time Commitment: Estimated 10 hours per month. Presentation days/times will vary, commonly on a weekday during business hours, some weekends. Due to the training requirements, we seek volunteers able to spend at least 1 year with us. A minimum of 6 months would be acceptable for some scenarios.
- Progress through 3 phases of training. 7-9 total training hours.
- Each phase provides a teach-back opportunity for mentor feedback and teaching courses to the public before advancing to the next level of instruction.
- complete training within first 3 months of volunteering.
"WE ARE LOOKING FOR LOCAL HEROES TO POSITIVELY IMPACT YOUR VETERAN COMMUNITY"
Sign-up to volunteer today! Please email questions to Juana Zapata, the Sr. Volunteer Recruiter Specialist, at Juana.Zapata@redcross.org or (951) 205-6689.
About American Red Cross, Riverside County Chapter
6235 River Crest Drive, Suite A, Riverside, CA 92507, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
he American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
6235 River Crest DriveSuite ARiverside, CA 92507
September 21, 2021
- General Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Adult Education
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Estimated 10 hours per month. Presentation days/times will vary, commonly on a weekday during business hours, some weekends. Due to the training requirements, we seek volunteers able to spend at least 1 year with us.