DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
NHQ:ISD - SLT - Volunteer Partner, Organizational Design and Workforce Planning
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) International Services Department (ISD) and Services to the Armed Forces (SAF) team. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home opportunity). Overseas, the American Red Cross works with our Red Cross and Red Crescent peers to help prepare for, respond to, and recover from disasters and crises around the world. The American Red Cross also helps members of the military, veterans and their families prepare for, cope with, and respond to, the challenges of military service. The Operations division focuses on creating an enabling environment for ISD and SAF programs, including responsibility to ensure our workforce is aligned to optimally deliver on evolving strategy for both departments. For International Services, this includes adapting to shifting demand from our national society partners, shifting expectations from donors and increased work via integrated consortiums, as well as ensuring we have the capacity to quickly scale up and scale down when disasters hit. For Service to the Armed Forces, this includes the ability to regular support our military families through deployments overseas. This Volunteer Partner position will support the Operations division Executive Director to lead going workforce planning to best align staff and volunteers within the overall table of organization, clarify roles and responsibilities between positions and address competency gaps.
- Serve as a trusted advisor and subject-matter expert for organizational design and workforce planning activities across SAF and ISD.
- Lead the development of a strategic workforce roadmap for ISD and SAF, to ensure alignment with strategy and shifting stakeholder demands.
- Lead and facilitate workforce planning initiatives including critical role/capability identification, gap analysis and action planning.
- Facilitate exercises to clarify and document roles and responsibilities between teams and functions.
- For newly merged SAF and ISD Operations division, advise on continued opportunities to streamline. and document team functions to allow for greater cross-functional surge support.
- Advise on opportunities to increase utilization of volunteers in key business functions.
- Advise on improvements required to tools to better forecast workload demands.
- Advise on surge workforce strategies to ensure adequate staffing is available to deploy as needs arise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to organize and present information in a clear and concise way to a variety of audiences.
- Experience facilitating and/or supporting exercises to clarify roles and responsibilities across functions and teams, including making recommendations to address gaps and/or overlaps.
- Experience in workforce planning analysis and action planning.
- Experience leading projects and change programs with impacts at the organizational level.
- Experience leading and/or supporting the analysis, forecasting and planning of workforce supply and demand, including assessing gaps and determining appropriate talent management interventions.
- Background in Human Resources Management or Organizational Design.
- Experience conducting time to task analysis to assess work volume and determine appropriate staffing levels.
- Experience leading major projects and change programs with impact at the organizational level.
Length of Apptmt: Minimum 6-month commitment, with the opportunity to renew
To apply for this opportunity and register as an American Red Cross volunteer, individuals must reside in the United States or on one of the United States Service to the Armed Forces stations. If you are an individual that does not meet this criteria, but are interested in volunteering with the Red Cross or Red Crescent Society in your country, please visit: https://www.ifrc.org/volunteer-us
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 21, 2021
- Human Resources Strategy
- Organization Design
- Performance Management
- Human Resources Information Systems
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Human Resources Assistance
- 10-15 hours per week (Including at least 2 hours per week between 10-6 Eastern)