DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
NHQ:ISD - PREP: Graphic Design Volunteer: Global Preparedness
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) International Services Development (ISD) team. Specifically the Preparedness (PREP) unit. This volunteer position provides graphic design support to the Global Disaster Preparedness Center (GDPC), a part of the global Red Cross network. The GDPC develops innovative disaster preparedness projects, tools, and services that need to be promoted using simple and creative designs. The volunteer will help create graphic design materials for social media and the GDPC website. Graphics will also be used as part of initiative overviews, reports, and proposals.
Responsibilities: The volunteer will collaborate with the Communications Lead at the Global Disaster Preparedness Center (GDPC) to create graphic materials to raise awareness of disaster preparedness messages and global initiatives. The volunteer will join a team within the Engagement and Innovation Unit at GDPC along with Content Contributors and additional Graphic Design Volunteers.
- Collaborate with the GDPC team to support website design and content marketing for the GDPC website (preparecenter.org), blog, social media, and more.
- Help generate new ideas for design and content creation.
- Scope and create digital content to increase impact of posting on social media, preparecenter.org, email, and other channels.
- Manage other design needs such as presentations, signage, reports, and proposals.
- Support efforts to improve usability, readability, and GDPC image across all media.
- Work with the communications team on campaign initiatives.
- Support high-quality web design for preparecenter.org.
- Current or past work either as an in-house designer or at a marketing agency.
- Access to portfolio of videos you’ve worked on that you can share with the team
- Excellent graphic design techniques or abilities.
- Experience in web design, preferably on Wordpress
- Experience using graphic tools like Canva, Adobe Suite, or Pictochart.
- Familiarity with social media best practices.
- Experience with video post-production, production, writing scripts, and/or animated video.
- Familiarity with disaster preparedness and humanitarian services.
- Willing to download and use communication and task management platforms such as Slack, Trello, Zoom, Google Docs, or One Drive.
- Creative thinking
- Experience in virtual reality, augmented reality.
Length of Apptmt: 1 year with opportunity for renewal.
To apply for this opportunity and register as an American Red Cross volunteer, individuals must reside in the United States or on one of the United States Service to the Armed Forces stations. If you are an individual that does not meet this criteria, but are interested in volunteering with the Red Cross or Red Crescent Society in your country, please visit: https://www.ifrc.org/volunteer-us
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 21, 2021
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Graphic Design / Print
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- 3-5 hours per week during business hours 9am-5pm EST