NHQ:DCS - Disaster Learning Solutions - Spanish Doctrine Review Team Member
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Disaster Cycle Services (DCS) team, specifically the Disaster Learning Solutions (DLS) unit. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home opportunity). The Spanish Doctrine Review Team Member acts as a final reviewer of completed Spanish-translated training and doctrine texts. In this role, they review and proofread Spanish-translated texts (translations or trans-creations) making sure that they maintain correct grammar and spelling, as well as Red Cross tone, cultural references and nuances of the original source text.
- Review and proofread Spanish-translated training and doctrine texts (translations or transcreations), ensuring that they maintain correct grammar and spelling, as well as Red Cross tone, cultural references and nuances of the original source text.
- Ensure that translated texts meet all relevant editorial requirements, i.e. structure, style, font etc. Deliver reviewed texts and projects in accordance with the agreed deadline.
- Work as a part of a team and collaborate with other teams to coordinate goal achievement.
- Proficient in Spanish writing, editing and speaking in a style that is neutral in tone/dialect, required
- Note: A Spanish proficiency test must be completed as a part of the interview process for this position.
- Experience translating English language materials into Spanish Ability to manage work schedule to meet deadlines
- Reliable access to a computer with Microsoft Word
- Ability to manage multiple projects
To apply for this opportunity and register as an American Red Cross volunteer, individuals must reside in the United States or on one of the United States Service to the Armed Forces stations. If you are an individual that does not meet this criteria, but are interested in volunteering with the Red Cross or Red Crescent Society in your country, please visit: https://www.ifrc.org/volunteer-us
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 21, 2021
- Office Management
- Administrative Support
- Program Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Minimum 10 hours per month. I'm flexible, On weekends and/or evenings, Volunteer from home.