3 people are interested
Cat Condo Caretaker at Petco
3 people are interested
Help oversee the care and socialization of the cats and kittens in the adoption display condo at the Petco in Leesburg. Spend time playing with and socializing the cats while also making sure they have fresh food and water and a clean and happy environment. Each volunteer will be assigned one day per week to ensure the below duties are covered. The Cat Condo Caretaker will be part of a group text to report the status updates and any coverage or cat adoption or transition changes.
The Cat Condo Caretaker may come in anytime during their scheduled day between the store hours to do the following:
- Obtain the keys to the display condos.
- Clean out the litter box and clean up any spilled litter in the condo.
- Disinfect condo as necessary
- Clean bowls as necessary
- Refill food and water bowls
- Have fun playing, snuggling and socializing with the cats and kittens
- Keep the Condo Coordinator and updated on the health, socialization and behavior of the animals
- Keep Condo Coordinator informed and updated on any issues that need to be addressed or if any cats should be moved
- Keep Condo Coordinator updated when supplies run low and need replenishing
- Make sure condos are locked before leaving and all partitions are open inside the condo
- Make sure the key is returned to in it’s secure location so other volunteers may access the same day.
- Good people and communication skills
- phone access
- able to work independently and be part of a team.
About Humane Society of Loudoun County
P.O. Box 777, Leesburg, VA 20178, US
The Humane Society of Loudoun County is a foster-based volunteer organization that partners with the community to save more animals and achieve a No Kill Community
The Humane Society of Loudoun County (HSLC) is a non profit 501(3)c animal welfare organization founded in 1966. Our mission is to partner with our community to work towards a time when all animals have loving homes. We do not have a physical shelter or location.
Based in Loudoun County Virginia, our programs and services include Rescue (Intake), Foster, Adoption, Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) / Community Cats, Barn-Working Cats, Pet Pantry, Low Cost Spay / Neuter, Financial Assistance, Media & Public Relations, Youth Education & Programs, Humane Education, Paw Prints Newsletter, General Helpline & Email, Fundraising, Volunteer Management, Social Events, Fundraising Events, and Community Outreach.
In 2020, we supported 273 adoptions, helped 310 community cats, moved 28 working cats, supported 927 spay/neuter surgeries, and delivered 24,000 pounds of Pet Pantry food to Loudoun Hunger Relief. We are looking to surpass these numbers in 2021 through the help of our incredible volunteers.
Loudoun County VALeesburg, VA 20175
September 21, 2021
- Animal Care / Handling
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 30 minutes per week, depending on number of shifts