20 people are interested
Cat Condo Caretaker at Petco
ORGANIZATION: Humane Society of Loudoun County
Please visit the new page to apply.
20 people are interested
Help oversee the care and socialization of the cats and kittens in the adoption display condo at the Petco in Leesburg. Spend time socializing the cats while also making sure they have fresh food and water and a clean and happy environment. Each volunteer will be assigned one day per week to ensure the below duties are covered. The Cat Condo Caretaker will be part of a group text to report the status updates and any coverage or cat adoption or transition changes.
The Cat Condo Caretaker may come in anytime during their scheduled day between the store hours to do the following:
- Obtain the keys to the display condos.
- Clean out the litter box and clean up any spilled litter in the condo.
- Disinfect condo as necessary.
- Clean bowls as necessary.
- Refill food and water bowls.
- Have fun socializing with the cats and kittens.
- Keep the Condo Lead and updated on the health, socialization and behavior of the animals.
- Keep Condo Lead informed and updated on any issues that need to be addressed or if any cats should be moved.
- Keep Condo Coordinator updated when supplies run low and need replenishing.
- Make sure condos are locked before leaving and all partitions are open inside the condo.
- Make sure the key is returned to in it’s secure location so other volunteers may access the same day.
- Outstanding reliability and follow through
- Ability to serve in role for approximately one year
- Able to work independently and be part of a team
About Humane Society of Loudoun County
P.O. Box 777, Leesburg, VA 20178, US
We are a foster-based, all-volunteer organization that saves and improves the lives of vulnerable animals by providing care and placing adoptable animals into loving forever homes.
HSLC has been helping animals since our founding in 1966. HSLC has no paid staff nor a physical facility or shelter; all of our animals are in foster homes, display cages at local pet stores, or in temporary boarding until they are adopted into their furever homes.
Thanks to community support, HSLC helped thousands of animals in 2021:
- 185 cat adoptions
- 3 dog adoptions (Note: we need more dog fosters!)
- 111 community cats helped
- 1,165 pets spayed/neutered
- 3,482 Loudoun Pet Pantry animals fed
Loudoun County VALeesburg, VA 20175
November 30, 2022
- Animal Care / Handling
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 30 minutes per week, depending on number of shifts