Park Resident Campground Host Oct. 1 - Dec. 30, 2021
Park Resident Campground Host October 1 - December 30, 2021
Camp for FREE at Blue Spring State Park October through December 2021 as a resident campground host! Campground hosts answer questions, perform maintenance tasks and are available for late-night emergencies. A campsite is provided in return at no charge. Couples welcome!
To apply please visit https://www.floridastateparks.org/volunteers or contact Connor Wagner for more information.
Volunteer Position Title: Campground Host
Volunteer Manager: Connor Wagner - Connor.Wagner@FloridaDEP.gov
Job Type: Maintenance
Month Availability:October through December 2021
Schedule: 20 hours per week, generally 3 days on/4 days off. There are no required daily hours, but all assigned tasks must be completed.
Regular Job Duties:
- Answer visitor questions - check with park staff or refer visitor to the ranger station if needed
- Communicate regularly with park staff by radio; carry a park radio at all times while on duty
- Communicate campsite status with the ranger station
- Communicate concerns to park staff. Campground Hosts will not enforce park rules directly. When addressing a potential concern, remain polite and advise the visitor of park policy. It is not the responsibility of the Campground Host to enforce the policy, only to advise the visitors on the policy
- Clean campground bathhouses while following posted bathhouse cleaning charts and cleaning schedules
- Campsite maintenance including:
- Trash and ash removal from firepits and throughout the entire campsite, including buffer areas
- Minor upkeep and minor maintenance of campsites
- Raking/leaf blowing
- Trim vegetation
- Maintenance of the campground drive including:
- Minor trimming of vegetation
- Removal of trash and debris
- Return lost and found items to the ranger station
- Report any safety items to park staff
- Keep an accurate log of their hours worked and submit them to their supervisor each week using the online volunteer website
- Other duties to assist park staff as needed
- General maintenance and cleaning skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of campground and park regulations
- Past experience as a Campground Host in the Florida Park Service
- Be comfortable working alone and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Must be able to interact with guests and visitors in a friendly and professional manner
- Must provide own RV/camper and stay in a designated campground volunteer site
- Be able to work 20 hours a week indoors and outdoors and in all weather conditions
- Have a valid driver's license
- Be able to pass a sexual offender background check
- Be at least 18 years old
Training: All training will be provided in-house.
- Make a difference in preserving, interpreting and restoring our natural and cultural resources
- Contribute 50 hours of service and receive 6 free park entries to any state park excluding Ellie Schiller Homosassa Wildlife State Park, Skyway Fishing Pier State Park, and Weeki Wachee Springs State Park
- Contribute 250 hours of service and receive one year of free admission to all parks excluding Ellie Schiller Homosassa Wildlife State Park, Skyway Fishing Pier State Park, and Weeki Wachee Springs State Park
- Volunteer recognition events, certificates, awards and more!
Volunteers are integral to the Florida State Parks team as we work together to preserve, interpret and restore ...the Real Florida.
District 3: Blue Spring State Park
About Florida State Parks - District 3
NA, Apopka, FL 32712, US
The mission of the Florida Park Service is to provide resource-based recreation while preserving, interpreting, and restoring natural and cultural resources.
Public service is the central theme of every Florida Park Service endeavor. High standards of management and service are the Florida Park Service trademark. Quality resource-based outdoor recreational experiences assure that Florida's state parks will continue to serve as major tourist destinations, thereby contributing significantly to the State's economy.
2100 West French AvenueOrange City, FL 32763
September 21, 2021
- General Education
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Outdoor Recreation
- Janitorial Maintenance
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 20 hours a week