3 people are interested
AmeriCorps Seniors Seeks Advisory Board Members
3 people are interested
Advisory Board Member Opportunity Available
Are you looking to be involved with a dynamic group dedicated to helping seniors (55+) in our area give back to their communities, and help children become their best self? If so, consider joining the advisory board for the AmeriCorps Seniors, Foster Grandparent Program, locally sponsored by Wesley Family Services.
Foster Grandparent Program serves six counties: Allegheny, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, and Washington.
About the Program
The Foster Grandparent Program provides volunteer opportunities for limited income individuals (55+) from all economic, educational, and social backgrounds to help children be their best self by providing one-on-one attention.
In these unprecedented times, the need is greater than ever to help children overcome barriers. AmeriCorps Seniors place volunteers within non-profit schools, day care centers, child development centers, after-school and other community child programs. With support of a classroom grandparent, we believe that every child has the right to have additional support and encouragement to help them accomplish their goals - academically, socially, and/or emotionally.
We are looking for an individual to become Advisory Board member who:
- are passionate about their community and helping multi-generations.
- have creative fundraising ideas and the motivation and social network to make them happen.
- are connected to and/or interested in outreach in our service area.
- enjoy connecting people, finding partnership opportunities, and sharing compelling inter-generational stories of our volunteers.
- will be able to participate in virtual quarterly (at minimum) board calls.
- understand that this is a volunteer, un-paid position.
Contact me today to start the conversation!
Program Director/ Team Lead
About Wesley Family Services-Foster Grandparent Program
221 Penn Avenue, Wilkinsburg, PA 15221, US
Empower people to reach their full potentital. We will be a creative force, in partnership with the community, to promote healthy people, strong families, and caring environments.
Family Services is a social services organization, our programs range from Behavioral Health Services to Rehabilitation Services to Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Services including residential housing and Family and Child support services.
221 Penn Avenuepittsburgh, PA 15221
September 21, 2021
- Administrative Support
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 25