4 people are interested
Digital Program Coordinator
4 people are interested
Literations improves the literacy skills of young children through grade three by engaging professionally trained older adult volunteers as literacy coaches in our partner schools and after-school programs. We serve communities where opportunity gaps exist to ensure all students have the resources to become strong readers, develop confidence, and unleash their potential in the classroom and beyond. Our highly-effective programming annually serves thousands of children in the Greater Boston area. Literations is an affiliate of AARP Foundation Experience Corps, a national leader in engaging older adult tutors to improve K-3 student literacy.
- Support scheduling and execution of virtual literacy coaching sessions for a site(s), including:
- Support Program Manager and Site Team Leader creation of site coaching session schedule as requested
- Communicate scheduling information for coaching sessions and reminders to volunteers as needed
- Support facilitation of virtual sessions
- Maintain session scheduling and video links
- Provide technical support to volunteers for coaching sessions, including:
- Run practice sessions for volunteers to gain technical skills to be successful at virtual coaching
- Troubleshoot log-in issues, video connectivity, other platform issues, etc.
- Troubleshoot absences and coverage needs
- Manage substitutions for volunteer coaches and virtual safety monitors
- Ensure volunteers have access to the appropriate books and curricula material for their coaching sessions
- Develop and offer ongoing technical training through the program year as part of volunteer professional development and Literations Act!vation Program on training topics such as Google Suite, Social Media 101, Advanced Zoom, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
To serve as an AmeriCorps Quarter-Time Member you must be 17 years old or older (no upper age limit) and be a US citizen, US National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the United States.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is an AmeriCorps Quarter-Time Member position which offers a stipend for a commitment of 450 service hours (an average of 15 hours/week) and 8.5 months of service. Upon successful completion of service terms, members will be eligible to receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of up to $1,678.57. This award is a post-service benefit that may be used to pay for educational expenses. To learn more about AmeriCorps, please visit https://www.nationalservice. gov/programs/americorps/what- americorps.
You can learn more about Literations by visiting literations.org.
Literations is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating and supporting a diverse work environment. Candidates of color, bi-/multilingual, bicultural, and LGBTQ+ are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Federal Street, 5th Floor, Boston, MA 02110, US
Literations drives educational equity through experienced community volunteers empowering young readers for lifelong learning.
Literations is a nonprofit literacy organization dedicated to improving the reading proficiency of young students in kindergarten through 3rd grade in under-resourced communities using a proven literacy model and trained older adult volunteer coaches.
Nearly 70% of students who live in our communities are not reading at grade level when they enter the fourth grade. Literations is squarely positioned to address the urgent need for individualized support given the growing achievement gaps for young students.
Our Unique Model
- Our exclusive focus on students in K-3rd grade results from the growing body of research that indicates this is the juncture that has the most impact on a child’s lifelong success.
- Providing more time to practice oral reading skills with trained volunteer coaches using a structured curriculum provides students with the skills and confidence to succeed.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 21, 2021
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- This AmeriCorps Quarter-Time Member position offers a stipend for 450 service hours (average of 15 hrs/wk) and 8.5 months of service. Members who successfully complete service are eligible to receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award of up to $1678.
- To serve as an AmeriCorps Quarter-Time Member you must be 17 years old or older (no upper age limit) and be a US citizen, US National, or Lawful Permanent Resident Alien of the United States.