As the Volunteer Coordinator you will be responsible for all project volunteers (national and
international) in Arequipa. You will be the main point of contact for orientation, support and
coordination of all volunteers. This role is extremely important to our organization because
volunteers adjusting to the cultural differences and getting settled into their projects can be a
challenge. Maintaining close relations with all our volunteers is the key to being successful in
this position, as you will play a central part in their experience volunteering with Intiwawa.
● Coordination with the German and Peruvian team of Intiwawa, especially with the General
Director and Project Coordinator, as well as Recruitment coordinators in Germany and Perú.
● Be the point of contact for future and current volunteers
● Welcome new volunteers and provide orientation
● Support and coordination of all volunteers in the project
● Organisation of volunteer events for team-building
● Mediation between field volunteers and committee members
● Excellent written and spoken English and Spanish
● High level of motivation, initiative and confidence
● Excellent organizational and administrative skills
● Excellent interpersonal, conflict resolution, and intercultural communication skills and
ability to work in multicultural, collaborative environment
● Flexibility and ability to adapt to new environments, resourcefulness, and sensitivity to
● Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team
● Low-cost housing available
● Work-related expenses are covered
● A letter of reference and certificate will be provided at the end of the term
San Isidro, Arequipa, Arequipa 89282, PE
Intiwawa is a dynamic and young organization with the goal of fighting poverty in the slums of Arequipa, the second largest city in Peru. Founded as a German-Peruvian organization in 2007, we now consist of an international team volunteering in Peru and in Germany. Our goal is the integral development of the children and their parents and a sustainable improvement of their living standards. To achieve this goal and fight the symptoms of poverty, Intiwawa carries out projects in several areas: Education: Homework support, English classes, computer classes Health: Dentist project, healthy nutrition, personal hygiene Strengthening sociocultural values: Social workshops and cultural workshops Strengthening environmental values: Recycling, planting plants Projects with the parents: Parent’s School, Knitting projects for the mothers For more information please check: www.intiwawa.org/projects.html
Simply. Helping. Intiwawa is fighting poverty in Peru
No costs! Volunteering with Intiwawa is for free!
100% rule: All donations go directly into the project, we all work together for only one reason: To improve the lives of the children!
International motivated team: At Intiwawa, international and Peruvian volunteers work together hand in hand!
Professional experiences: Specialize yourself in an area of your choice and make valuable experiences for your career!
Creativity and responsibility: You have an idea for a project or an event? At Intiwawa anyone can assume responsibilities and show initiative!
Flexibility: Work with us when you want, in the area you want and how long you want (minimum 3 months)!
Life in Peru: Make unforgettable memories in Arequipa, your future second home!
Benefits for you
Working with Intiwawa is unpaid, but brings other advantages:
Interesting insights in the work of an NGO
Certificate according to your specialization in Project Management, Event Organizing, Marketing, Finance, Social work, Psychology or Education
Perfectionized Spanish skills
International contacts in the Intiwawa Community
And of course, the biggest reward: The happy faces of our children!
Calle Santa CatalinaArequipa, Arequipa Peru
September 21, 2021
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Child Care
- Program Management
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- The position is voluntary (unpaid) and part-time (around 30-35 hours/week) A flexible, unconventional schedule is possible
- Please send a letter of motivation, CV and your criminal record certificate to email@example.com