Camp Counselor Volunteer
We are recruiting new volunteer staff members for Camp Cadi 2022! We are looking for energetic and reliable women who would like to support children traumatized by childhood sexual abuse. The goal of Camp Cadi is to provide our campers with a safe environment to heal from their trauma, teach them healthy coping mechanisms and, most importantly, give them back the pieces of their childhood that were stolen as a result of their abuse.
What you'll bring:
- A motivated and energetic approach
- Willing to volunteer approximately a week of your time to give back to an incredibly underserved group of young girls, survivors of childhood sexual assault
- Experience working with children
- An understanding of the trauma caused by childhood sexual abuse, or a willingness to learn
- An interest in art and music
- A youthful spirit, we encourage our counselors to participate in all camp activities
- The ability to adapt to stressful situations and provide problem-solving solutions
- A desire to make the world a kinder, more empathic place
In addition to counseling staff, we are also in need of some fundraising support! We're looking for a volunteer fundraising strategist, particularly remote/online fundraising efforts, to maximize our efforts during the pandemic.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About SAFE GIRLS STRONG GIRLS INC
185 GEORGETOWN DR, DALLAS, GA 30132, US
Camp CADI is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to breaking the silence of Childhood Sexual Abuse (CSA). Camp CADI is the first of its kind, created specifically to meet the unique needs of young girls whose lives have been traumatized by CSA. In company with their peers, girls discover the power of community as they enjoy typical camp experiences, expressive arts and a mentor program that lays a foundation for trusting relationships with adults. Friendships are formed, painful emotions are released, coping skills are learned, and girls leave with a new sense of empowerment.
When children are sexually abused, their childhood is stolen. Our most important mission at Camp CADI is to give each girl the opportunity to experience the simple joys of childhood again. Founded in 2005 by Amy Barth, Camp CADI fosters and promotes healing for girls ages 7 to 17 years old who have been sexually abused.
Survivors of sexual abuse often look to unhealthy ways of coping with their abuse at first, which is why it is so essential to start healing from their trauma as early as possible. Girls traumatized by sexual abuse often blame themselves for the abuse, but at Camp CADI, they realize that they are not alone. Surrounded by other girls who have experienced similar abuse gives each camper a sense of community that they have never felt before.
1225 Camp Hanes RoadKing, NC 27021
September 20, 2021
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 24
- The week of camp will require 7 days attendance at a sleep away camp in King, NC. Prior to the week of camp we well require remote training sessions with the rest of the staff.
- For fundraising volunteers, we are open to any amount of time you can provide. We're hoping to get some fundraisers going ASAP so the sooner you can start, the better!