Alzheimers Assoc: Volunteer Recruitment Committee Members Needed!
The Alzheimer's Association is looking for volunteers to help us recruit for our signature event - The Longest Day. As a Volunteer Committee member you will play a vital role in helping us identify, cultivate and promote interest in this great event - a day we ask people to do something they love and fundraise in honor of someone they love and have lost to Alzheimer's disease. People golf, kayak, wine taste, play tennis, cycle and more!
As a member of the Recruitment Committee, we ask you to share your skills in recruiting and marketing for 5 hours monthly. If you have been impacted by this disease in your life, this is a great way to move forward with our mission - a world free from Alzheimer's and all other dementias. Training runs September thru December to ensure you are ready for the New Year kickoff of the Committee!
Recruitment Committee Volunteers details and responsibilities:
Location: Done virtually, located in Washington and Northern Idaho area.
Skills: Strategic networking, comfortable asking others to help by registering for The Longest Day, reach out to a variety of people via phone, email, social media methods.
Recruitment outreach: Help develop and implements strategies to recruit new participants from local businesses, activity groups, organizations, gyms/clubs, etc. Reach out to your network or interests groups. Calls to past participants and discuss their plan for rejoining for The Longest Day 2022.
Training: Being part of a nationwide organization, quality training and materials exist to assist you with making sure your skills are maximized. Training starts September thru December to ensure you are ready for the New Year kickoff!
- Attend monthly committee meeting
- Promote The Longest Day in your community and social media
- Create your own The Longest Day event to demonstrate ease of program
- Make a difference - use skills and talents and join our fight against Alzheimer's disease
- Expand your personal and professional network
- Join a known and respected organization, which is also the largest nonprofit funder of Alzheimer's disease research in the world
Learn more at www.alz.org/TLD or contact Janet Callahan at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Alzheimer's Association Washington and N. Idaho
19031 33rd ave W, Suite 301, Lynnwood, WA 98036, US
To eliminate Alzheimer's disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected; and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health.
The Washington State Chapter of the Alzheimer's Association was incorporated as a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization in Washington State in 1978. It was started by family caregivers who came together around a common need of getting support and help for their loved ones with dementia. This Chapter was one of seven founding chapters of the National Alzheimer's Association, headquartered in Chicago. Today this Chapter serves individuals living with Alzheimer's disease (and related dementias), their families, health care professionals and administrators, and the general public throughout Washington State and Northern Idaho.
The Puget Sound Metro AreaSeattle, WA 98115
September 20, 2021
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours monthly commitment. Attendance of monthly meetings. Orientation training to be completed by end of December.
- Much of this work can be done at home. Monthly meetings will be held virtually. The Alzheimer's Associations established COVID protocols must be followed for any in person activities.