11 people are interested
Job Coaches Needed! Let's Work Together for the Community!
ORGANIZATION: NAMI DuPage
Please visit the new page to apply.
11 people are interested
We are looking for volunteers to provide light-touch job coaching, such as resume review/creation, interviewing skills/mock interviews, determining a good job fit, and teaching job search strategies, etc.
This position can be over Zoom or at our office (office will be during business hours of M-F, 9am-4pm).
What would make you a good fit for this opportunity?
- You are familiar with the DuPage County job market
- You have access to a phone, a computer, and the internet at home
- You are familiar with components of a successful job search
- You will enjoy meeting with clients and sharing constructive feedback
- Bilingual a plus!
- You can commit to a minimum of 6 months for 2-4 hours per week.
- Compassionate towards people who are from different cultures, backgrounds, and who may have mental health conditions and/or substance use disorder.
- Comfortable using a computer, Microsoft Office, and Google applications.
- Are interested in seeing clients succeed.
About NAMI DuPage
115 North County Farm Rd, Wheaton, IL 60187, US
Our mission is to provide support, advocacy and education in order to improve the quality of life of individuals with mental illness and their families.
Who We Are:
NAMI DuPage is a grass roots organization, funded primarily by individual donations and supported by volunteers with first-hand experience as caregivers and as individuals with mental illnesses.
As an affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness, a nationwide mental health advocacy organization dedicated to improving the quality of lives of people affected by mental illnesses. One of the largest and most innovative of 1,200 in the country and 41 in Illinois, our affiliate provides services and programs that offer relief, resources and importantly - hope for recovery - to individuals and families alike.
NAMI DuPage was founded by a group of parents in 1985 who were looking for services for their children who had been diagnosed with mental illnesses. By joining forces, they thought they could advocate for improved services. NAMI DuPage has grown from this small handful of people to an organization of over 1,000 members. NAMI has been a catalyst for change and reform in DuPage County.
115 N. County Farm RoadWheaton, IL 60187
December 31, 2022
- Teaching / Instruction
- Mental Health
- Life Coaching
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Weekly for 6 months. 2-4 hours per week.