Please visit the new page to apply.
We are looking for a native Spanish speaker to translate business documents and some website pages from English to Spanish.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Translate client intake forms and templates for email communication
- Create PDFs in Spanish to link from our website about services provided
- Translate types of appts/details in online booking system
- Translate existing social media posts
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to embody and convey the organization's values.
- Ability to take ownership of a project from start to finish, suggest best practices, and follow up with all involved for project completion.
- Superior organizational skills, exceptional attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas.
- Strong written and spoken Spanish and English skills.
- This is a part time, volunteer position. Hours start at approximately 5 hours per week.
- Hours are extremely flexible.
- Work is virtual and you will use your own computer. Reliable computer and internet connection is essential.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the above qualifications should reply via email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- Translator in subject line
- Your resume
- Description as to why you are a good fit for the job.
- In 2-3 sentences, tell me the types of translation services you have done in the past
- Your favorite musical or book (the one you love because it is mindless and fun!)
DEADLINE TO APPLY
Friday, January 21, 2022
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About SAN DIEGO BREASTFEEDING CENTER FOUNDATION INC
8325 University Ave., LA MESA, CA 91942, US
The mission of San Diego Breastfeeding Center Foundation (SDBFCF) is to reduce socioeconomic and racial disparities in chest/breastfeeding support by increasing access to qualified lactation consultants for marginalized groups, such as people of color and low-income families.
The mission of San Diego Breastfeeding Center Foundation (SDBFCF) is to reduce socioeconomic and racial disparities in chest/breastfeeding support by increasing access to qualified lactation consultants for marginalized groups, such as people of color and low-income families. We plan to accomplish this through: (1) subsidized lactation visits with International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC), (2) collaborations and trainings to improve culturally-relevant chest/breastfeeding knowledge among community practitioners, and (3) providing scholarships and internships for BIPOC women to support them in becoming IBCLCs.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
January 14, 2022
- Reading / Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Must be at least 21
- 5 hours a week
- Native Spanish speaker and fluent English speaker