NHQ:BIO - National Biomedical Equipment Strategy: Special Projects Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - National Headquarters
Please visit the new page to apply.
Purpose Statement: This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Biomedical Services (BIO) team The Special Projects Volunteer works to complete projects in support of the Equipment Strategy. Equipment Strategy provides:
* Strategic direction and decisions for Biomed equipment
* Right size equipment through optimization, utilization, and productivity
* Enables multiyear equipment planning capacity
* Aligns best practices for equipment movement
* Provides end-to-end equipment lifecycle oversight supporting the overall mission of the American Red Cross.
- Support Equipment Strategy Department bi-monthly equipment synchronization calls to develop initiatives, coordinate equipment movements through Microsoft Office 365 forms, and assess the capacity of the organization to implement innovation and equipment solutions that impact multiple departments.
- Assist in preparation of the agenda, capture appropriate meeting minutes, and monitor the open requests.
- Assist with development of excel databases, SharePoint administration and data monitoring to support equipment movement and optimization.
- Work with partnered departments to respond to requests and provide updates to requester.
- Respectful and maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to learn
- Work well individually and with others
- Able to find information online and in-print manuals
- Able to synthesize information from multiple sources
- Good communication skills Willingness to learn Red Cross-specific applications (Equipment Database) Computer skills required (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office 365, SharePoint, Outlook)
- Experience with Excel, including : info log, interactive data, Gantt charts, determining impact priorities via filtering/sorting
- Experience with database management (like: eMax) and performing queries
- Broad understanding of the American Red Cross and its opportunities for service (Preferred)
To apply for this opportunity and register as an American Red Cross volunteer, individuals must reside in the United States or on one of the United States Service to the Armed Forces stations. If you are an individual that does not meet this criteria, but are interested in volunteering with the Red Cross or Red Crescent Society in your country, please visit: https://www.ifrc.org/volunteer-us
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 28, 2022
- Supply Chain
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- Database Administration
- 10 hours per week, at least one business day per week. Preferred day(s) Fri and Mon (if available 1:30-2:30 ET)