INSTRUCTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Envision Lead Grow Instructors are an essential part of Envision Lead Grow’s entrepreneurial immersion experience. Instructors will work directly with participants while practicing leadership skills. After undergoing training, instructors will take ELG’s Eight Seeds to Success curriculum and facilitate it to small groups of middle school girls or boys. Instructors are responsible for supervision of their group throughout the monthly session, during core activities as well as additional activities the participants will partake in. A typical session will revolve around facilitating for, interacting with, and supervising participants. Instructors not leading sessions are assisting with various duties around lecture (event planning and organizing, office work). If you are a college student or recent graduate considering a career in art, teaching, sports management, dance, theater, fine arts, child development, child psychology or management, this position provides practical, meaningful experience to build your resume.
* Facilitate curriculum to groups of 25 middle school girls or boys
* Assist with all aspects of running monthly sessions including supervision of participants
* Participate in programs and activities with participants giving adult guidance and leadership
* Interpret and administer personnel policies and session guidelines
* Act as a leader in program areas (entrepreneurship, leadership, social advocacy, scholarship)
* Adhere to and carry out monthly activities within program areas
* Serve as a role model and guide participants in appropriate behaviors, languages, attitudes, and activities
* Communicate with Program Manager routinely regarding plans, problems and concerns
* Must be 19+
* Caring, patient, fun-loving, energetic, and truly love working with children
* Skilled and experienced in one of more program area
* Experience working with school-aged children
* Leadership experience among peers
* Ability to make decisions and act wisely in an emergency
* Experience with leadership, time management, public speaking, role modeling, and teaching
* Program Manager
HOW TO APPLY:
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Envision Lead Grow
1215 Military Highway, Suite 754, Norfolk, VA 23502, US
Envision Lead Grow is more than an idea. It’s a movement. We want to empower you to build your dreams. That starts with a passion. Your passion. We’ll show you what it takes to turn your passion into something incredible. It will require planning, dedication and heart. Is it worth the effort? Absolutely.
We are a Norfolk-based non-profit passionate about entrepreneurship. We introduce underserved middle school girls to entrepreneurship through summer camps, webinars, mentoring and conferences. We are on a mission to end the cycle of poverty through entrepreneurship.
1215 N. Military HighwaySuite 730NorfolkNorfolk, VA 23502
September 20, 2021
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 1 hour per week