1 person is interested
Thrift Store volunteers
1 person is interested
The Central Islip Civic Council’s Thrift Store is looking for Volunteers to help run and maintain the store's operation. We love our volunteers, and always need their support. If you would like to give your time replenishing stock, creating a clean and professional atmosphere, merchandising, assisting guests with their purchases, organizing product, and hanging product, please contact us!
- 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- 12:00 PM to 02:15 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Central Islip Civic Council, Inc.
68 Wheeler Road, PO Box 219, Central Islip, NY 11722, US
Affordable Housing Programs, The Central Islip Civic Council has built over 450 new homes for 1st time home buyers. The Council is a leader in providing creative, affordable housing solutions. We provide Foreclosure Intervention Services and Mortgage Modification Help. We have an emergency Food Pantry. The Council provides cultural and family fun festival events and historic education, The Council has actively encouraged economic development in Central Islip, knowing strong business investment brings employment, housing and recreation opportunities. Business and housing development, home expos, 1st time-homebuyer workshops, civic & neighborhood meetings,.. CI Today Newsletter: We publish and distribute Central Islip's only Newsletter, informing residents, businesses and community org's about local happenings,
BROUGHT TO YOU BY YOUR CENTRAL ISLIP CIVIC COUNCIL, SERVING THE COMMUNITY FOR 50 YEARS.
- College Woods
- The Central Islip Master Plan 1989 and 2005
- NYIT, Tech Park, County & Federal Courts, LI Ducks Ballpark
- Electrification of the LIRR with a Central Islip Station
- The Central Islip Historic Preservation Society
- Preservation & Restoration of the Historic Heines Homestead
- Central Islip's Living History & Festivals
WHAT'S UP AT THE COUNCIL?
- Foreclosure Intervention Services, Mortgage Modification Help
- Emergency Food Pantry, Food Pantry Garden, Nutrition Workshops
- Programs in our One Room Schoolhouse, Summer Job Youth Program
- First Time Homebuyer Workshops & Home Expos
- New Horizons III, New Homes Program, Budget Counseling
- Code Enforcement, Crime Control & Beautifications
- Good Neighbor Luncheon
- Volunteer Opportunites, Internships, Student Community Volunteer Hours for School
- Central Islip Today Newsletter
- Thrift Shop Open 10-2pm (Weather Permitting)which benefits our Community Programs
- The Heines Homestead is a 5 acre historic homestead complete with farm animals, gardens, a blacksmith shop, one-room schoolhouse, nature trail, summer kitchen.
68 Wheeler RoadCentral Islip, NY 11722
September 20, 2021
- Retail / Sales
- Background Check