Disaster Recovery Caseworker - Lowndes County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross - Georgia Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
The Red Cross' Recovery Services Client Care Program allows the Red Cross to rapidly meet disaster-caused needs by enabling clients to apply and receive financial assistance and/or community resources.
The Disaster Recovery Caseworker supports the recovery of disaster affected individuals, households, and communities by providing referrals, advocacy, and financial assistance through RC Care (case management system).
There is the opportunity to deploy to other areas in the country where disasters have taken place, for a two-week period.
- Conduct Intake by interviewing the client and opening a case in our casework software system
- Provide Financial Assistance to qualified clients
- Conduct Follow-up and Recovery Planning Services
- Provide Internal and Community-based Referrals
- Assist with problem-solving and advocacy on request
- Use RC Care to document services according to the Client Care Program Standards and Procedures
- Services may be provided in person or virtually.
Complete the required virtual self-paced training (9 hours of training total)
- Willing and able to volunteer in person in before, during and/or after a disaster event
- Ability to work in a continuously changing environment in which work priorities may change frequently
- Comfortable interacting with people from various diverse background whose lives have been disrupted and many are presenting immediate needs
- Kind, caring, resourceful and knowledgeable
- Comfortable learning new online case management systems
- Experience using Microsoft Office products
- Able to serve the client with care, comfort and concern
- Able to recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to an organization
- Ability to stand and/or sit for two-hour periods
- Ability to speak clearly on phone and in person
- Ability to work for long periods on computer and/or reading small print and/or writing
- Valid Driver’s License (required for Divisional and National Deployments)
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Available to sign up for shifts on consecutive days (shifts may be 4, 8 or 12 hours long)
- Ability to read, write, and follow verbal and written instructions in English
About American Red Cross - Georgia Region
1955 Monroe Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30324, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether its one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.
VariesValdosta, GA 31698
September 15, 2022
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Disaster Response
- Case Work / Management
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Local: Shift work determined by the scale of the relief operation; a minimum requirement of 8-12 hours per day during the disaster relief operation for multiple, consecutive days. Outside Georgia: Minimum of 14 days working 8 - or 12-hour shifts
- All Staff and Volunteers must wear a mask at all times, regardless of vaccine status, when acting on behalf of the American Red Cross.