7 people are interested
Social Media Volunteer for 1000 Dreams (refugee project)
7 people are interested
Witness Change is a not for profit organization dedicated to improving life for excluded groups by amplifying their stories. Our vision is to create inclusive societies with equal rights for all.
Through our storytelling we aim to reduce stigma, increase agency, and inspire action.
Witness Change needs volunteers with an interest in using social media to share stories of marginalized groups. Volunteers should have previous experience in one of the following:
- Content Creation (video)
- Facebook Groups
- Content Creator (video) - Creating short (under 1 minute), vertical videos for Instagram Stories and Reels
- Twitter - writing and scheduling twitter posts on the @WitnessChange_ channel. Retweeting relevant content. Growing audience.
- Instagram - Content scheduling on the @1000Dreams channel. Growing audience through use of hashtags and outreach.
- Facebook Group - managing and posting within a Facebook group.
THE TEAM CONSISTS OF:
Communications manager, video creator, social media copy writer, social media advertising expert.
- Organised and enthusiastic
- Ability to be independent and respond promptly to direction
- Past experience with relevant social media channels
- Interested in Refugee/Human Rights issues
- Pluses include : Professional experience in social media, proficiency in Hootsuite, proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and/or Premiere
HOW TO APPLY:
If you want to be part of Witness Change and their fight to humanize marginalize people throughout the world, please email one of the following with the subject line "Social Media Volunteer Call"
About Witness Change
1392 McLendon Avenue NE #22, Atlanta, GA 30307, US
Witness Change is a not for profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of excluded people by amplifying their stories. Stigmatized people are often excluded from their own stories. We use visual storytelling to support these people as they reclaim the narratives of their lives to achieve necessary change such as influencing policies, attitudes and behaviors that affect them.
Witness Change started in 2015 and was entirely a volunteer run organisation until recently. Without the passionate, dedicated volunteers who bring their skills and enthusiasm to the organization, we could not deliver the campaigns that make a difference in the lives of those whose stories we tell.
As we grow, we will take on more stories to help other excluded groups but our most recent projects have focused on the following:
We are campaigning for an end to discrimination and persecution based on sexuality or gender identity. Where Love Is Illegal uses storytelling as a key advocacy tool to change the narrative on LGBTIQ+ people in countries where their voices are silenced because LGBTIQ+ people are, in some regions, increasingly subject to rampant discrimination, criminalization, and even death.
In My World: www.onedayinmyworld.com
Our goal is to create a world where mental health is recognized as a global health priority and a society where people living with mental health issues are seen, heard and valued. In My World uses storytelling’s powerful potential to amplify the voices of those living with mental health issues to break down barriers that divide us, and prompt action.
1000dreamsproject.com changes the prevailing refugee narratives through a storytelling project that tells the stories of 1000 refugees of diverse experience.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 20, 2021
- Video Production
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Roughly 4 hours per week.
- Past experience with social media, video creation or copy writing is a plus.