DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Bread of Life looking for Volunteer Fundraiser Manager
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Bread of Life International is an organization with a mission to end hunger in Africa. Since its inception in 2020, Bread of Life International have safely distributed over 3000 hot meals to vulnerable children and people and supplement the food budget of poor and needy families so they can purchase healthy food and move towards self-sufficiency.
Bread of Life international is seeking an experienced Fundraising Manager that can work closely with Board and Management with the following skill sets:
- Communicate Bread of Life International mission and impact to potential foundation funders in a compelling and persuasive way
- Guide organization on best strategies for fundraising; develop plan, that can be implemented, and generate result for the organization
- Develop, execute, and implement fund raising strategies for the organization to increase fundraising goals through prospect management, donor foundation and individual cultivation and stewardship
- Research and identify funding opportunities from individual, corporate and foundation sources
- Provide overall leadership in fundraising for the leads annual fund giving and supports global fundraising and events.
- Manages donor relationships and supports fundraising efforts.
- Prepare prospect briefs in support of new funding opportunities and secure invitations from foundations to submit proposals for support
- Develop and track foundations funding opportunity pipeline, funding deadlines and other commitments
- Develop high-quality grant proposals, stewardship reports, grant acknowledgments and other communication materials and submit them to foundations.
- Manage and assemble and submit grant requests including letters of support, proposals, presentations, budgets, and reports
- 5-years development experience, preferably in foundations/corporations, major gifts or with multilateral/bilateral funders with a proven track record of securing gifts/grants and an excellent proposal win rate
- Knowledge of how to craft, construct and submit an effective grant application
- Demonstrated knowledge of the top optimal fundraising research sources and research tools (Foundational Directory Online, Donor Search etc)
- Research and prospecting donor information using database management database and other donation-related software
- Experience and expertise in researching, identifying and matching funding resources
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to work effectively across an organization
- Outstanding communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong familiarity with key foundations, USAID, WFP, UN and other global development players, NGOs, in food security is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Teams, JIRA required
About BREAD OF LIFE INTERNATIONAL INC
P.O. Box 8551, SILVER SPRING, MD 20907, US
Bread of Life International is a nonprofit organization with a driving passion to feed the poor, the needy, vulnerable, and the deprived across Africa through community outreaches, family food initiatives, and disaster response
250 million people are experiencing hunger in Africa which is nearly 20% of the population. It is projected that the region will be unable to feed 60 percent of population by 2025.
As you might imagine, hunger is a problem that most often affects orphaned and vulnerable children living in extreme poverty, low-income families, homeless and street children, the needy, the poor, the widow and vulnerable people.
Immediate Solutions - we support and safely provide food to the most vulnerable children and people that are hungry and hurting through various programs such as: Community Event outreach, Family Food outreach, mobile food outreach, and disaster response and relief
Long-term Solutions - we work with partners, governmental agencies, and institutions to find long-term solutions to eliminate hunger. This includes the following, but not limited to investing more in the agriculture sector, expanding agricultural financing and non-bank small and medium-enterprise finance and capacity-building and increase in women -owned agriculture and agribusiness enterprises and so on.
Join the movement to end hunger in Africa for good and to save the lives of needy, the poor, orphaned, vulnerable children, widow, seniors, low-income families and vulnerable people that experiencing hunger and are hurting.
WSiSilver Spring, MD 20902
September 19, 2021
- Strategic Planning
- Market Research / Analysis
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 40-50 hours committment per month