DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Volunteer Social Media Specialist needed for a start-up NGO to manage social media platforms
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Bread of Life International is an organization with a mission to end hunger in Africa. Since it's inception in 2020, Bread of Life International have safely distributed over 3000 hot meals to vulnerable children and people and supplement the food budget of poor and needy families so they can purchase healthy food and move towards self-sufficiency.
Bread of Life International seeks a highly motivated and creative candidate who is passionate and committed to using h/her skills to help alleviate hunger across Africa. The candidate will be empowered to enhance our online and mobile presence and will be responsible for day-to-day management of social media strategies, collaborating with the Web Designer to synchronize campaigns and to reach out to our supporters and donors.
- The candidate will manage our social media platforms - Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and Blogs.
- Assist in email marketing/ retargeting/fundraising campaigns using Mail Chimps, social media and other techniques to create awareness, and reach out to our supports.
- Act as an advisor on social media strategy by staying on top of current social media trends (Are there new platforms we should explore? Different content
- Curate content for social media and blog posts to increase our online presence.
- Encompass digital mediums, such as Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Putting videos together using Adobe, google search, use of email/marketing strategies and
- track analytics using Google Analytics, and monster insights to report back to Management.
- 1-2 years of experience
- Fluent in Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and familiar with other social media platforms (YouTube, Pinterest, Reddit, TikTok, etc.)
- Design experience in Adobe products is a bonus, but not mandatory
- An excellent communicator and compelling storyteller
- Highly collaborative, a great listener, and able to work with peers and executive teams to drive action and results
- A creative thinker with a passion for trying new things in the social media space
- Self-starter who takes initiative and doesn’t have to wait until being told to do things
- Passionate about getting things done on time
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good rapport
Are you interesting in using your experience and skill sets to help save or improve someone's life?, please reach out to us with your resume and something unique about you. We look forward to hearing from you.
About BREAD OF LIFE INTERNATIONAL INC
P.O. Box 8551, SILVER SPRING, MD 20907, US
Bread of Life International is a nonprofit organization with a driving passion to feed the poor, the needy, vulnerable, and the deprived across Africa through community outreaches, family food initiatives, and disaster response
250 million people are experiencing hunger in Africa which is nearly 20% of the population. It is projected that the region will be unable to feed 60 percent of population by 2025.
As you might imagine, hunger is a problem that most often affects orphaned and vulnerable children living in extreme poverty, low-income families, homeless and street children, the needy, the poor, the widow and vulnerable people.
Immediate Solutions - we support and safely provide food to the most vulnerable children and people that are hungry and hurting through various programs such as: Community Event outreach, Family Food outreach, mobile food outreach, and disaster response and relief
Long-term Solutions - we work with partners, governmental agencies, and institutions to find long-term solutions to eliminate hunger. This includes the following, but not limited to investing more in the agriculture sector, expanding agricultural financing and non-bank small and medium-enterprise finance and capacity-building and increase in women -owned agriculture and agribusiness enterprises and so on.
Join the movement to end hunger in Africa for good and to save the lives of needy, the poor, orphaned, vulnerable children, widow, seniors, low-income families and vulnerable people that experiencing hunger and are hurting.
2425 Blueridge AvenueSilver Spring, MD 20902
September 19, 2021
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Web Design
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Graphic Design
- Video Production
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Available to commit 30-40 hours per month