33 people are interested
Writing & Editing Volunteer for Human Rights Organization
ORGANIZATION: Oromo Legacy Leadership and Advocacy Association
Please visit the new page to apply.
33 people are interested
OLLAA is a nonprofit community-based organization that seeks to highlight human rights violations of the Oromo people in Southern Ethiopia. We are built on the following principle and goals: advocacy and diplomacy- to amplify human rights violations and encourage democratization; Youth leadership and Education-to connect generations; and women empowerment and cultural renaissance.
This role will assist the organization's many channels of information to ensure grammatical efficiency and edit different publications. The volunteer will work with all staff as needed for editing, content creation, and translation resources.
· Edit articles, documents, and publications for proper English translations from incoming media sources and reports from the Afaan Oromo translation.
· Create content, when needed, relating to current coverage on issues pertaining to human rights and others.
· Draft press releases on relevant events or information.
· Other tasks as needed as the position develops and the organization grows.
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Proficient in writing software
· Ability to create summary and content from researched-based sources to easily be consumed by different demographics of people so it will be easily consumable
· Research skills for information verification and related news sources
· Experience in government communications is helpful, but not required
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Oromo Legacy Leadership and Advocacy Association
800 W Broad St 100 #263, Falls Church, VA 22040, US
To be a force for human rights, women’s rights, and indigenous rights by empowering Oromo communities and collaborating across the globe through Advocacy and Development.
Who we are
OLLAA began in 2017 as the Coalition of Oromos for Human Rights and Democracy (COHRD). CORHD was an organization established to give voice to Oromo youth who were being killed, harassed, or imprisoned for the "crime" of protesting. In 2020, COHRD became OLLAA, a more comprehensive organization seeking to empower Oromos, neighbors & organizations to connect and thrive; not just merely exist or survive. OLLAA also means neighbors in Afaan Oromo.
What we do
OLLAA is a nonprofit community-based organization that seeks to serve the socio-cultural needs of the Oromo people around the world. We are built on the following principle and goals: advocacy and diplomacy- to amplify human rights violations and encourage democratization; Youth leadership and Education-to connect generations; and women empowerment and cultural renaissance.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 21, 2023
- Literacy / Reading
- Technical Writing
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Reading Comprehension
- Verbal / Written Communication
- We are asking for a time commitment of 3 - 5 hours per week at this time, but we are flexible.